The AMD Employee Giving Program supports employees' community interests by matching their personal donations of time and money to local organizations and schools to leverage employee and company resources for maximum community benefit.
- Grant Incentive for Volunteer Efforts (GIVE) program: AMD contributes grants to eligible organizations where our U.S. and Canada-based employees and their spouses volunteer.
- Matching Gifts program: AMD also matches employee contributions to broaden their impact. As part of this program, AMD matches dollar for dollar up to $3,000 USD in charitable contributions made by each employee in a calendar year.
- Micro-Campaign program: AMD supports collective, strategic, onsite fundraising efforts for local charitable community partners around the world.
- Team Development Grants: AMD recognizes teams of employees who volunteer with a local nonprofit, charity or school to build and improve their local community and fosters team work within and between AMD departments. Learn more
Since 1995, AMD employees have generously given to their communities what amounts to more than $14M (employee and company match) in support of hundreds of nonprofits and schools throughout the world. More than 151,043 volunteer hours have been logged through the GIVE (Grant Incentives for Volunteer Efforts) program.
Disaster Relief-Ready to Respond
When a disaster strikes, AMD has a disaster response plan and team in place to help determine the best way for our company to respond to all types of disasters. AMD guidelines encourage contributions to relief efforts when disaster strikes an area where AMD operates. AMD encourages employees to volunteer; donates technology or other in-kind donations; and in some instances, provides corporate grants. Since 1998, AMD and its employees have contributed more than $4,656,536 to assist relief efforts in disasters around the world, including Hurricane Katrina in the United States and earthquakes in China, Haiti and Japan.
AMD Responds to Central Texas Fire
The AMD Foundation donated $50,000 to the American Red Cross of Central Texas and nearly $70,000 in employee donations and matching was donated in support of the Central Texas fires. Forty-nine AMD employees in Austin volunteered more than 176 hours to assist in the disaster response.
All data from AMD Community Affairs Global Summary, 2011
* All regular, full- and part-time AMD employees based in the United States and Canada are eligible for participation in the AMD Employee Giving program.