AMD Opteron™ 3000 Series Platform
Money in Your Pocket
Keep more money in your pocket through low acquisition costs and low processor costs as well as a fast payback on hardware costs via hosting fees1.
Enterprise Class Reliability
The AMD Opteron™ 3000 Series Processor is a true enterprise class platform, certified for all major server OS families including Windows Server 2012. It offers long lifecycles that desktop parts can rarely match, as well as server and client software certification and drivers for more flexibility.
More Cores2 and Better Price Performance3
Exceeds the competition in cost savings and power efficiency, offering more cores than competing processors2 and less power per core4, all at a lower price5.
- In as few as 6 months - up 14% quicker than with the competition - hosting fees can cover your server hardware costs. Calculation based on the time it takes for monthly hosting fees of $89.99 to sum up to the cost of an AMD Opteron™ 3200 Series processor-based server (est. $519) vs. an Intel Xeon E3-12xxLv2 processor-based server (est. $589). It does account for software, deployment, management, and power costs. Not accounting for licensing, deployment, management, or power costs, it takes six months of hosting revenue to pay back the cost of an AMD Opteron™ processor Model 3250-based server and seven months of hosting revenue to pay back the cost of an Intel Xeon processor Model E3-1220Lv2-based server. This assumes receiving $89.99 dedicated hosting monthly fee, which is in between the pricing for the Server 4 and Server 4i Standard Application L packages as of 5/31/12 at www.1and1.com. AMD Opteron 3250 based server costs $573 (est.) and an Intel Xeon E3-1220L based server costs $643 (est.). The processor and motherboard make up the cost differences between an AMD Opteron 3200 Series based server and an Intel Xeon E3-120xLv2 Series based server. The costs for chassis, drive, and memory are expected to be the same in a like-for-like configuration. Low-end processor costs: AMD Opteron™ 3250 1kU is $99 and Intel Xeon E3-1220Lv2 is $189 as of 8/2/12 at www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. Processor: 1kU pricing for Intel Xeon processor Models E3-1220L and E3-1260L from www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. Motherboard: MSI for Intel (MS-S012): approximately $170 as of 5/30/12. MSI for AMD (MS-S023): approximately $190 as of 5/30/12. Chassis: Antec Sonata Proto No Power Supply ATX Mid Tower Case (Black) - SONATA PROTO BLACK $63.99 as of 12/22/11 at http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=CA-SONATAT&c=pw&hash=5efdcBmU0Y8T1mgEYZeWu3W7ae1goOVs6iHd1Zx3H40dumgkEYh%2BuMKcEZZ8JVMKn4%2BmtpaTc5koTCFpcooi3vj5GJGvI61%2FdXuNXKJqZ%2FNfES0x. Drive: Western Digital 1 TB RE4 SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Enterprise Hard Drive - WD1003FBYX $119.99, find it here on Amazon.com. Memory: 8GB Kit (4GBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module, http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT2KIT51264BD1339. SVR-116
- Intel Xeon processor Model E3-1220Lv2 has 2 cores and E3-1265Lv2 has 4 cores as of 5/24/12 at www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. AMD Opteron™ 3300 Series processors offer 4, 4, and 8 cores respectively. SVR-200
- Comparison drawn between the Intel Xeon E3-12xxL and AMD Opteron 3300 Series processors with the lowest ratio of price to SPECint_rate2006 score. The estimated SPECint®_rate2006 scores for the AMD Opteron 3300 Series processors reflect current expectations based on a 10% uplift in performance over the AMD Opteron 3200 Series and are subject to change. The results for the Intel Xeon processors reflect the highest 1P results published on http://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results as of Oct 19, 2012 with each processor operating at its default frequency. – 176, 1 x Intel Xeon processor Model E3-1265Lv2, http://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2012q2/cpu2006-20120522-22302.html – Intel Xeon processor Model E3-1265Lv2 is $294 as of 10/19/12 at www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. – SPECint®_rate score= 88 (est.), 1 x AMD Opteron™ processors Model 3350 HE. – AMD Opteron™ processor Model 3350 HE has a preliminary price of $125 as of 10/19/12. SPEC and SPECint are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. For the latest SPECint_rate2006 results, visit http://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results. SVR-201
- Intel Xeon processor Model E3-1220Lv2 has 2 cores and 17W TDP, which equals 8.5 watts/core. TDP values as of 10/17/12 at www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. The AMD Opteron™ processor Models 3320 EE has 4 cores and a 25W TDP, which equals 6.25 watts/core. SVR-199
- 1kU price for Intel Xeon E3-1220Lv2 (2-core) is $189 as of 10/17/12 at www.intc.com/pricelist.cfm. AMD Opteron™ 3350 HE (4-core) 1kU preliminary price is $125. SVR-198