Introducing Radeon Software Crimson Edition
This year’s software release marks a new era for AMD.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD’s revolutionary new graphics software, delivering a redesigned user interface, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience — at no additional charge.
- Performance-driven design
- User-oriented functionality
- Trustworthy stability
The art of simplicity. Intuitive new user interface.
Our new streamlined user interface gets an updated name: “AMD Catalyst™ Control Center” is now “Radeon Settings”. Architected to enable the best from AMD graphics hardware, user-friendly Radeon Settings is lightning fast, looks sharp, works smoothly, and delivers intuitive functionality that requires less effort and fewer mouse clicks than its predecessor.
Powerful performance. Game-changing efficiency.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition ventures beyond the realm of traditional graphics driver software to deliver extraordinary performance and precise control of graphics, video, displays, and forward-thinking power efficiency from the latest AMD technologies and advances:
- Fast high-speed game loading with Shader Cache.
- Optimized Flip Queue Size provides users with the very latest keyboard and mouse positional information while gaming
- Frame Pacing: smoother gaming enhancements enabled on DirectX® 9 games
- Enhanced image quality for 1080p media content scaled to 4K using adaptive directional filtering technology
- Fine-tuned Dynamic Contrast algorithm
- Enhanced Video quality settings for 6th Generation A-Series AMD APUs
- Display Port to HDMI™ 2.0 dongle support
- Customizable display settings with fine tuning for resolutions, timings, and refresh rates
- AMD FreeSync™ technology enhancements including AMD CrossFire™ support for DirectX 9 games and low frame rate compensation for smoother gameplay when below the minimum refresh rate
- Incredible power efficiency for select products and applications through power optimizations
- Frame Rate Target Control enhancements including; power saving capability, support for DirectX 9 games and extended range for target control (20 – 200 FPS)
Remarkable Features. Full-blown experience.
Virtual Reality is at the cusp of launching into the consumer marketplace. Tens of thousands of developers are working on a wide array of applications, including simulation, gaming, entertainment, education, social media, travel, medicine, real estate, ecommerce, and more.
- AMD released the Alpha version of its AMD LiquidVR™ SDK to a select number of developers. Creating a platform that provides software functionality to simplify and optimize VR development, LiquidVR unlocks many unique hardware features designed to seamlessly interplay with VR headsets to help enable smooth and immersive VR experiences.
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition is the first publically available driver that enables all LiquidVR features, which are currently being validated and tested by VR headset manufacturers and ecosystem partners.
Enabling the incredible. Empowering the developers.
Consumers experience what developers imagine. Turning the developer’s vision into reality is one of our greatest priorities, and with the Radeon Software Crimson Edition software we are delivering an impressive list of tools to help developers code, analyze, and debug the next great applications.