AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced six winners of the company’s annual World Class Suppliers Program, acknowledging key suppliers that contribute to AMD’s business success. The company recognized Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL), Unimicron Technology Corp., and Shinko Electric Industries Company with the esteemed World Class Supplier (WCS) Pathfinder Award. In addition, AMD presented Achievement Awards to STATS ChipPAC and IBIDEN for their continued high levels of support and performance. AMD also recognized NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. with the Spotlight Award, which credits exceptional results beyond short-term expectations. The winners will receive the awards at separate ceremonies in Hsinchu City, Taiwan and Nagoya, Japan.
“World-class suppliers help AMD create and maintain an efficient, successful supply chain that can best serve our customers. With that goal, we annually recognize suppliers that go above and beyond,” said Alex Brown, vice president of Global Supply Management for AMD. “All of the suppliers honored today are strong partners that demonstrate a commitment to innovation, cost-effectiveness and service.”
The AMD World Class Supplier Process measures suppliers annually for outstanding performance and exceptional service for manufacturing materials and services. There are three levels of awards achievable: the Pathfinder Award for the best suppliers on overall performance in the areas of Technology, Quality, Cost, Flexibility and Service (TQCFS); the Achievement Award for exceptional performance in one of those areas; and the Spotlight Award for outstanding results beyond short term expectations.
- SPIL received the Pathfinder Award for providing AMD with unsurpassed support developing CPU assembly and test infrastructure.
- Unimicron Technology Corp. received the Pathfinder Award for being AMD’s top-ranked substrate supplier during the past four quarters.
- Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd. received the Pathfinder Award for providing outstanding engineering support in developing and implementing coreless technology which can enable significant performance enhancement for future AMD products.
- STATS ChipPAC received the Achievement Award for developing a best-in-class yield in assembly and testing for AMD chipset products.
- IBIDEN received the Achievement Award for significantly reducing costs and providing outstanding support that helped increase substrate yield and capacity.
- NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. was given the Spotlight Award for converting to lead-free packaging and for ramping up supply to provide AMD with an additional two million units in the past fiscal quarter.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.