- AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced a collaboration with Sony Creative Software to deliver video producers a dynamic new hardware platform on PCs and workstations based on the Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ and AMD Phenom™ II X4 processors and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series graphics cards. Some of these platforms will power the Colfax DigiStation CX980 workstation that is pre-loaded with Sony professional software.
- By combining the power of AMD processors with Sony Vegas™ Pro 9 software, video producers are equipped with a dynamic and powerful technology to fully realize their creative potential. The next-generation of the Sony Creative Software family, Vegas Pro 9, provides customers with increased editing power and flexibility to work with complex, memory-hungry 3D projects in high-definition (HD).
- One of the first non-linear editing (NLE) technologies designed for 64-bit computing, Sony Creative Software Vegas Pro software leverages the power of the AMD multi-core processor architecture technology to take advantage of additional multi-threading capabilities and advanced memory technology, ensuring an easy and streamlined editing experience.
“Together, AMD and Sony provide some of the most advanced technology solutions for video professionals available on the market today,” said Charlie Boswell, director of digital and media entertainment, AMD. “By combining the creative software expertise of Sony Creative Software with highly-optimized hardware based on AMD processor and ATI graphics acceleration technology, this software can significantly simplify and enhance the video editing process for digital filmmakers.”
“We’ve enjoyed collaborating with AMD on the development of the 64 bit version of Vegas Pro software and look forward to future collaborations to ensure we can provide video professionals with the best possible user experience available,” said Dave Chaimson, vice president, Worldwide Marketing, Sony Creative Software.
See Sony Vegas Pro 9 and AMD Technology in Action and Enter to Win a Colfax DigiStation CX980 at NAB
- AMD, Sony Creative Software and Colfax International will showcase and demo the advanced capabilities of this next-generation editing technology at the NAB conference in the Sony Creative Software booth #10515, Hall C.
- NAB attendees can enter to win an Quad-Core AMD Opteron processor-based Colfax Digistation CX980 workstation pre-loaded with Sony’s professional software by having their badge scanned at the Sony booth.
Sony Creative Software Media Contact:
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.