AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) today announced that the AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-chip (SoC) will be powering the new TVS-863+ and the TVS-x63 platform from QNAP, a leading provider of network attached storage (NAS) systems. The platform, designed for small to medium-sized business (SMB) and small office/home office (SOHO) customers, is a leader in its class. The TVS-x63+ series is also a very affordable option for 4/6/8-bay SMB NAS servers that feature10GbE support and hardware-accelerated encryption.
“The new QNAP NAS system based on the AMD Embedded G-Series SoC exemplifies AMD’s continued dedication to innovation on embedded solutions,” said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. “NAS is a great application for the AMD G-Series SoC, taking advantage of the strong compute, low-energy consumption, and integrated GPU for display and acceleration.”
The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC (previously codenamed “Steppe Eagle”) offers QNAP a platform with a high performance quad-core 2.4GHz processor, up to 16GB RAM support, integrated security with hardware encryption engine, and a discrete-class graphics processing unit (GPU) and I/O controller on the same die.
“The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC is ideal for SMB and SOHO network storage needs,” said YT Lee, vice president, QNAP. “It provides a low-power platform with exceptionally high performance at an affordable price point. This feature-rich platform provides ideal cost-performance ratio for business users.”
QNAP TVS-x63+ series Turbo vNAS is powered by a cutting-edge AMD quad-core 2.4 GHz processor with 10 GbE capability, and features a hardware-accelerated encryption engine with over 400MB/s throughput, legendary AMD Radeon™ graphics, and AMD-V virtualization support. It is loaded with features and a leader in its class, and can effectively lower the operational costs and increase productivity when used in 24/7 business applications. The platform offers customers centralized data storage, sharing, backup, and management, along with comprehensive business applications. In addition, the platform contains numerous compelling features including:
- High-speed 10GbE for fast business data backup, sharing and video editing
- Fast 256-bit full AES NAS encryption performance for enhanced data security
- QNAP QvPC Technology for running multiple virtual machines with 4K display support
- Professional network video recorder system for real-time monitoring, recording, playback, alarm notifications, and Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) to safeguard business assets and property when used with supported IP cameras.
- On-the-fly and background video transcoding with hardware acceleration
- Dual HDMI connectivity with 7.1-Channel HD audio pass-through for video enthusiasts
QNAP’s new TVS-x63+ series Turbo vNAS will be available later this month in most retailers.
- Learn more about the new AMD Embedded G-Series product family
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow @AMDEmbedded on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google Plus
AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.