AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that second-generation HP ZBook 14 G2 and 15u G2 Mobile Workstations feature AMD FirePro™ M4150 and AMD FirePro™ M4170 mobile professional graphics models, providing users with speed, quality and creativity on the go. AMD FirePro™ professional graphics are compliant with the latest industry standards enabling users to take full advantage of applications from companies including Adobe®, Autodesk, Avid, Dassault Systèmes, ESRI, Siemens, and many others.
AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics are powered by the award-winning AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture1 and are especially designed to enable outstanding performance for professional applications in a wide variety of work environments for many computer-aided design (CAD) and digital media applications.
“AMD and HP have combined efforts to enable mobile workstation users with leading-edge technologies with results that matter for designing, engineering, and creating,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. “HP mobile workstation users can benefit from quality driver support and certified ISV applications for a stable and reliable platform that redefine mobile workstation performance while enabling users to do more.”
“Our customers demand productivity features for their mission-critical projects especially for computer-aided design and content creation,” said Jeff Wood, vice president, Worldwide Product Management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “We know our mobile workstation customers can rely on AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics for the performance they demand backed with robust driver and application support.”
AMD FirePro professional graphics are now available – from high end to entry level -- on the HP ZBook 17 G2, HP ZBook 15 G2, HP ZBook 15u G2 and HP ZBook 14 G2. Based on the award winning desktop AMD FirePro™ W-series professional graphics, the AMD FirePro™ M-series mobile professional graphics offers:
- Desktop class workstation performance On-the-Go,
- AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics are built for performance supported by high-quality software drivers that are finely tuned to work optimally with leading workstation applications featuring OpenCL™, and
- Intelligent Power Features offer unique power monitoring and management technologies to help deliver great battery life to mobile workstations:
- AMD Enduro™ Technology1 switchable graphics mode allows AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics to optimize battery life based on workload requirements,
- AMD PowerTune Technology1 intelligently monitors and manages the power draw to enable higher clock speeds, which helps provide improved performance, and,
- AMD ZeroCore Power1 allows AMD FirePro GPU to consume virtually no power when in idle state.
- Learn more about AMD FirePro mobile professional graphics
- Learn more about AMD FirePro professional graphics
- Learn more about applications certified for AMD FirePro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD professional graphics on Twitter- @AMDFirePro
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.