Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a leader in application-optimized, high performance server solutions, today launched a full range of A+ Server, SuperBlade® and workstation platforms optimized for Six-Core AMD Opteron™ processors (formerly code-named “Istanbul”) combined with the new AMD chipset. This comprehensive line of new Supermicro solutions boost performance with PCI Express 2.0 to double the I/O throughput and reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) with high-efficiency (93%+) Gold Level power supplies.
“Our six-core A+ server, blade and workstation solutions deliver great performance and value to customers in all segments of the marketplace,” said Charles Liang, president and CEO of Supermicro. “With a comprehensive selection of high-quality Server Building Block Solutions® to choose from, Supermicro offers truly application-optimized platforms. The leading system-level power efficiency of our cutting-edge server designs enables us to offer earth-friendly solutions with exceptional performance-per-watt capabilities that empower customers to grow, adapt and scale as their business demands evolve.”
“With their continued support of AMD server platform technology, Supermicro is supplying the channel with innovative, high-end solutions that deliver the cost and power efficiencies customers need today,” said Patrick Patla, Vice President and General Manager, Server and Workstation division, AMD (NYSE: AMD). “AMD’s industry-defining multi-core processor technology, now combined with an advanced chipset, provides customers with an optimized platform to help lower energy consumption, while still addressing the compute-intensive demands of the high-performance market.”
In addition to the many performance optimizations in Six-Core AMD Opteron processors with AMD chipset, Supermicro offers Six-Core A+ solutions with the following high-performance design features:
- GPU-optimized designs: Support up to four double-width GPUs along with two CPUs and up to 3 additional high-performance add-on cards
- 6Gb/s SAS 2.0 designs: Four-socket and two-socket server and workstation solutions with double the data throughput of previous generation storage architectures
- 2U Twin2 designs: Provide four hot-plug DP nodes, up to 256GB memory, 12 hot-swap 3.5” drives, optional 20Gb/s InfiniBand and redundant power
- 1U Twin designs: Provide two DP nodes, up to 128GB memory and optional InfiniBand
- Universal I/O designs: Provide flexible I/O customization and investment protection
- High memory capacity: 16 DIMM and 32 DIMM models with high capacity memory support to dramatically improve memory and virtualization performance
- High-efficiency VRMs: Save energy and reduce electricity costs
- Gold Level power supplies: Further increases overall system power savings
- Up to 10 quad-processor (MP) or dual-processor (DP) Blades in a 7U enclosure: Industry-leading density and power efficiency with up to 240 processor cores and 640GB memory per 7U enclosure
The full range of Six-Core Supemicro A+ solutions includes both DP and MP servers and workstations in 1U, 2U, 4U, tower, and blade form factors. For more detailed information on Supermicro’s AMD Opteron and AMD chipset-based solutions, please visit www.supermicro.com/SR5690_SP5100/.
Supermicro Server Building Block Solutions® offer exceptional flexibility and feature advantages. For more information on Supermicro’s complete line of server, workstation and blade solutions go to www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro emphasizes superior product design and uncompromising quality control to produce industry-leading serverboards, chassis and server systems. These Server Building Block Solutions provide benefits across many environments, including data center deployment, high-performance computing, high-end workstations, storage networks and standalone server installations. For more information on Supermicro’s complete line of advanced motherboards, servers, and optimized chassis, visit www.supermicro.com, email Marketing@supermicro.com or call the San Jose, CA headquarters at +1 408-503-8000.