We perform leading-edge research and provide technology direction critical to our company’s future. Our diverse research areas range from circuit design and computer architecture to system software and application engineering. Our goal is to influence both industry and academia through exploration of important research directions and future technologies in an environment conducive to collaborations with groups within and outside AMD and through publication of our findings.
We are made up of a strong group of thought leaders from academia and industry as well as recent graduates from leading research universities. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture of innovative research.
See our research theme page
Current Research Themes
We incubate and foster new ideas in broad areas:
See our publications page
- Energy-efficient computing
- High-performance computing
- Architectures for big data
- Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA)
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Memory systems and processing in memory
- Programming models and runtimes