AMD and Nantong Fujitsu Microelectronics Co., Ltd (NFME) have established a new assembly and test joint venture that combines our high-volume assembly, test, mark, and pack (ATMP) facilities and experienced workforce in Penang, Malaysia and Suzhou, China with NFME’s established outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT) expertise to offer differentiated capabilities and scale to service a broad range of customers.
With the formation of the JV we believe we have created a strong AMD with:
- A sharpened focus on designing high-performance technologies and products that can drive profitable growth.
- A simplified business model aligned with other fabless chip companies that leverage external back-end manufacturing partners.
- An enhanced supply chain with additional scale and more consistent facility loading.
- Continued access to leading-edge ATMP facilities and technology.
- A strengthened balance sheet with a $320 million cash infusion.