More Encryption, More Security, More Trust Than Ever Before With AMD.
AMD Embedded Solutions are becoming the processor choice for conventional military and aerospace display and communications systems that demand high performance graphics interface, increased security, floating point performance and/or have heavy processing requirements.
With competitive delivery schedules, increased total life cycle and systems management costs, AMD is bringing a whole new world of embedded graphics processing and GPU-compute to the mainstream Aerospace and Defense marketplace for mission success!
High-performance, Power-Efficient Graphics and Compute Processing Solutions for Mission-critical Aerospace and Defense Systems
- Command and Control
- 3D/4D Avionics Display
- Unmanned Vehicles
- Battlefield Comms
- Radiation Tolerant Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellites
- Ruggedized PCs
- Avionics Cockpit Displays
- Digital Rendering/Mixing
- Vehicle Navigation
The aerospace and defense system designer, must be vigilant against vulnerabilities that can compromise system security and integrity. AMD embedded processors feature on-board AMD Secure Processors designed to ensure a robust security architecture, with anti-tampering capabilities to detect intrusions and/or code anomalies making them more secure than ever before. The AES 128-256 is an advanced standard type of crypto that has the versatility to encrypt data from the APU, offering you more encryption capabilities than ever before with AMD. Secure Processor AMD also offers Safety Certifiable Graphics UI for DO-178B/C and DO-254 up to level A with OpenGL®.
High End Processors
- True parallel computing performance through Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA). HSA is an intelligent computing architecture that enables CPU, GPU, and other processors to work in harmony on a single piece of silicon by seamlessly moving the right tasks to the best suited processing element. The Radeon Open Compute Platform (ROCn) adds a rich foundation to advanced computing by seamlessly integrating the CPU and GPU with the goal of solving heterogeneous computing problems.
- Wide range of products that are suited for 3D, 4K or HD cockpit or ground-based displays with exceptional levels of security and image processing.
- Compelling SWaP (Size, Weight and Power) solutions for real time video in unmanned vehicles/UAVs and Surveillance
- High quality, smooth, stable real-time computer vision images for military, defense and other mission-critical applications
- AMD Embedded G-Series APU combines the parallel processing capabilities of a GPU with the serial processing capabilities of a CPU in a small footprint and low-power solution.
- Ideal for graphics-intensive avionics applications such as geographic information systems,360-degree situation awareness, diminished vision enhancement and more.
- Using Graphics Core Next (CGN) Architecture, systems are capable of providing superior performance and breathtaking image quality.
- Combines graphics and parallel processing power on the same chip for outstanding 3D graphics performance.
- Multi-display technology to drive scalable displays for an eye-catching user experience
- Intelligent power management, which can enable the GPU to deliver full potential performance while conserving power
Embedded Board Partner Catalog
Software, Solution and Tool Partners
AMD Embedded Board Partners
AMD Embedded Developer Site: Reference designs, driver downloads and more (login required)
Embedded Product Catalog
Whitepaper: Why Choose Embedded
Case Studies & Videos
Case Study: Real-Time Image Processing
Case Study: Achieving high-performance graphics and optimal energy efficiency for conventional military and commercial avionics systems with AMD Embedded Radeon™ E8860 GPUs
Video: Curtiss-Wright Avionics Demo at Embedded World
Video: AMD Powering the Future of Avionics with CoreAVI