|Next generation modular core architecture
Optimized performance per watt:
- High frequency and low-power design
- Virtualization enhancements
- Shared double-sized Flex FP
- IPC enhancements
The new processor core can help enhance power efficiency for server products:
- Help minimize cooling solution complexities.
- Help reduce power at low utilization.
- Enable more control for IT managers.
|AMD Turbo CORE Technology
||Turns unused TDP headroom into added clock speed for improved performance.
||Additional performance when your application demands it.
||The world’s only flexible 256-bit FPU. Two 128-bit FMACs shared per module, allowing for dedicated 128-bit execution per core or shared 256-bit execution per module.
||Enhances flexibility and performance in technical computing.
|High DDR3 Frequencies
||DDR3-1866 MHz support
||Outstanding performance for memory intensive applications
||TDP Power Cap
||Allows the user to set the maximum processor power ceiling via BIOS or APML
This technology gives enterprises the ability to customize their chips to meet power and workload demands, providing:
- More control over power settings
- Flexibility to set power limits without capping CPU frequencies
|C6 Power State
||Core power gating: When a core is halted its context is exported to system memory and voltage is removed from the core.
Helps reduce power consumption when servers are in idle.
|APML (Advanced Platform Management Link)
||Provides an interface for processor and system management monitoring and controlling of system resources (in APML-enabled platforms); Comprised of the Remote Power Management Interface (RPMI) and the Precision Thermal Monitor.
Remote Power Management Interface (RPMI) in:
- Ability to monitor and control platform power consumption via p-state limits
- Access to processor identification and health
Precision Thermal Monitor:
- Provides accurate information about CPU thermals to closely monitor power/cooling and proactively alert the Base Management Controller (BMC)
- Early notification helps save time and money by providing intelligence that can be used to more effectively monitor power and thermals to optimize cooling solutions in an IT datacenter
|AMD CoolSpeed Technology
||Provides highly accurate thermal information and thermal protection.
- Server can automatically drop into lower power mode if processor’s thermal environment exceeds safe operational limits
- Offers platform providers the ability to safely reduce system fan speeds, which helps deliver greater platform efficiency
||Reduces memory controller and HyperTransport™ technology links’ power.
||This feature can equate to a significant power savings in your datacenter depending on system configuration, when the Northbridge and HyperTransport™ technology links are powered down and cores are at idle.
||Support for ECC UDIMM memory
||Provide more memory support options to allow IT Managers to pick the right memory for their budget.
|Direct Connect Architecture 2.0
||HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology (HT3)
||Provides superior system bandwidth between CPUs and I/O, increasing interconnect rate up to a maximum 5.2GT/s with HT3.
||Helps improve overall system balance and scalability.
|Cache and Core Count
- 4 or 8 cores within the same package
- Up to 8 MB L2 Cache (1MB per core)
- Up to 8 MB L3 Cache (per processor)
|Offers outstanding performance and performance/watt for multi-threaded environments like virtualization, database and web serving.