AMD is built upon the value of putting people first—our customers, our employees, our neighbors, and our communities around the world. We believe that the success of our company is directly related to the health of the communities we call home. As a result, we have a longstanding heritage of investing our time, money, and technology with local organizations to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges.
It is this legacy that inspired us to create the AMD Foundation to strengthen our philanthropic giving and provide focus for our more than 25-year history of community involvement.
AMD Foundation Mission
- Provide opportunities for future generations to learn critical science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) skills and life skills
- Enrich AMD communities worldwide through employee engagement, matching gifts. and disaster relief programs
Major AMD Site Communities
- Canada: Markham and Toronto, Ontario
- United States: Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusets; Ft. Collins, Colorado; Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), California; Orlando, Florida; Bellevue, Washington; Portland, Oregon
- Bangalore and Hyderabad, India; Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou, China; Singapore, Singapore; Cyberjaya and Penang, Malaysia; Taipei, Taiwan
Board of Directors
- Alex Brown, Chairman
- Mike Woollems, Vice-Chairman
- Devinder Kumar, Treasurer
- Kathleen Woodhouse
- Susan Moore
AMD Foundation, Inc.
7171 Southwest Parkway, MS 100.3
Austin, TX 78735