AMD Gesture Control
Work and play touch free
Skip to the next track of your music or home movies, advance Microsoft PowerPoint slides and scroll to the next page on your e-reader… all by using one of four simple gestures with AMD Gesture Control.1 And all using your device’s existing or connected camera.
Plus, get optimized accuracy in low-light conditions that puts other systems to shame.2
AMD Gesture Control works with many of your favorite applications – like Adobe Acrobat, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Gallery and many more. Best of all, you can download the software completely free of charge – available only for1 select laptops, tablets and hybrids. See our list of eligible APU models or download our software compatibility tool below to see if your system qualifies.
Want to get AMD Gesture Control on your AMD A-Series processor-based PC? Follow these three easy steps to download the free software from our partner.
- Download our easy-to-use tool to confirm that your system can run AMD Gesture Control
- Download and install the software from our partner using the link in the below tool
- Enjoy interacting with your system like never before!
1. AMD Gesture Control is designed to enable gesture recognition as a tool for controlling certain applications on your PC. Only available on select AMD A-Series APU-based tablets and notebooks. Requires a web camera, and will only operate on PCs running Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system. Supported Windows desktop apps include: Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Supported Windows Store apps include: Microsoft Photos, Microsoft Music, Microsoft Reader and Kindle. Performance may be degraded in low lighting or intensely-focused lighting environments.
2. Testing performed by AMD performance labs measuring the accuracy in eyeSight’s Gesture Recognition Technology (optimized for and offered by AMD with certain AMD APUs under the name “AMD Gesture Control”) with and without the GPU-accelerated low light filters for a series of mouse control commands performed at a distance of 12 inches from the web camera on the test PC in a low light (~30 lux) environment. A notebook PC with upcoming AMD A10-5750M APU codenamed “Richland” with AMD Radeon™ HD 8650G, 4GB of DDR3-1600 (dual channel) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) Build 9200, video driver 22.214.171.124 - 12/06/2012 without the low light filters achieved 17% accuracy on average compared to an average of 95% accuracy with the low light filters. A notebook PC with Intel Core i5-3210 with Intel HD 4000 graphics, 4GB of DDR3-1333 (dual channel) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) Build 9200, video driver 126.96.36.19975 - 10/17/2012 had 0% accuracy (gesture recognition did not work at all) without the low light filter technology. Furthermore, the low light filters would not run on Intel processors at the time of the test 1/4/2013. RIN-6
3. AMD Face Login is designed as a convenient tool to help you log into Windows and many popular websites quickly. It should not be used to protect your computer and personal information from unwanted access. Only available on select AMD A-Series APU-based tablets and notebooks. Requires a webcam, and will only operate on PCs running Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating system and Internet Explorer version 9 or 10. Internet connection is required for website login and use of other online features.
4. AMD Screen Mirror is designed to enable the transmission and display of your PC screen on other compatible networked "mirror" devices. Only available on select AMD A-Series APU-based tablets and notebooks. Compatible Digital Media Renderer (DMR) devices are listed on the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) website (http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search) with the “'Play To' Receiver” feature and must also include H.264 and AAC support. Both PC and DMR device must be connected to a network that will permit content streaming. AMD Screen Mirror supports almost all popular image, audio and video file formats as well as applications showing on your PC screen, but will not mirror protected content. Requires minimum screen resolution of 800x600. Performance may be degraded on networks with limited bandwidth, especially with high definition content.