Teracruz Releases New dbAppliance Platform Featuring AMD Opteron™ Processors
dbAppliance Delivers Unprecedented Database Performance
Huntsville, AL --
Teracruz, Inc., the leader in integrated database performance solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the latest version of the Teracruz dbAppliance, a data appliance product that provides acceleration, monitoring, service-level management, and high-availability solutions for enterprise databases. The dbAppliance offers a single, integrated hardware platform that is installed on the network with databases and applications, and enables IT staff to dramatically improve the performance of applications and databases, with no code changes or server software installation required.
The new dbAppliance is built on the Celestica A2210 server platform, featuring dual AMD Opteron™ processors. The A2210 is a product of the Validated Server Platform, a joint effort between AMD and Celestica.
“The dbAppliance is all about improving database performance, using our innovative query result caching and agentless monitoring technologies,” said Richard Walker, Teracruz’s dbAppliance product manager. “This new version really pushes the performance and scalability of the dbAppliance to new heights. The use of AMD Opteron processors enables us to deliver the power of 64-bit computing at a very attractive price point. Our customers typically place high demands on their database infrastructure and we’re confident that this new version, which has already broken the 300,000 queries-per-minute barrier, will meet their needs.”
“Servers based on AMD Opteron processors deliver high performance solutions in compute intensive environments, and products like dbAppliance will help ensure simplified, flexible data monitoring and management,” said Ben Williams, director, server/workstation segment, AMD’s Microprocessor Business Unit. “Especially for enterprise customers, being able to manage large datasets in a timely, cost-effective manor makes the Teracruz AMD Opteron processor-based solution a compelling one.”
The dbAppliance features the following components:
Pricing and Availability
- Database Acceleration - SQL Query Result Caching technology improves application response time 500% to 1000% and offloads database servers.
- Zero-Overhead Performance Management - Requiring no software installation on servers, the dbAppliance monitors, logs, analyzes, and archives database performance and usage data.
- Service-Level Management - The dbAppliance Service Manager allows real-time, continuous monitoring of customized application and database service levels and can alert administrators when service-levels thresholds are exceeded.
- High-Availability and Load Balancing – The dbAppliance provides failover and load-balancing options for servers, improving server availability. In addition, dbAppliance units may be clustered to provide redundant operation.
- Integrated User Interface – All dbAppliance features are accessed and controlled through Teraview, a single, integrated graphical user interface.
The Teracruz dbAppliance is available now with support for Oracle and IBM DB2 databases, and can be purchased direct from Teracruz or through an authorized Channel Alliance Program partner. For more information, contact Teracruz by phone at 256.325.2152 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teracruz can be found on the web at www.teracruz.com.
List pricing for the dbAppliance starts at $13,000.
Teracruz delivers database performance solutions that renew the power of business technology. The Teracruz dbAppliance offers breakthrough acceleration technology that transforms database and application performance. Featuring patent-pending SQL Result Caching, zero-overhead performance management, and extensive service-level management features, the dbAppliance provides a simple and cost-effective solution that helps administrators and developers deliver unprecedented performance with no server overhead or code changes required.
Teracruz, the Teracruz logo, and dbAppliance are trademarks of Teracruz, Inc. DB2 is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, others countries, or both. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.
AMD, AMD Opteron, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.