Digital Audio Wave Launches AMD Opteron™ Processor-Based 64-Bit Digital Audio Workstations
Anaheim, California --
Digital Audio Wave today announced new designs in rack mountable digital audio workstations based on the 64-bit AMD Opteron™ processor (NYSE: AMD). The all-new DAWin-64 line of Digital Audio Workstations was introduced at the Winter NAMM 2004 Show on January 15 at the Anaheim Convention Center. The system is present in the Digital Audio Wave – Yukatech ProAudio booth #1691 located in Hall-E running Steinberg’s NUENDO 2.0 Media Production System.
The DAWin-64 digital audio workstation is 4U rack mountable system with dual 64-bit AMD Opteron processors Model 248, four 74GB Western Digital 10000RPM Raptor SATA drives powered by 3ware Escalade 8506 series RAID Controller, and NVIDIA Quadro graphics card.
“These systems are specifically configured to meet demanding digital audio processing, editing, and mastering needs in a professional studio environment,” said Frank Fatih Kara, president and chief operating officer at Digital Audio Wave. “To go from simple a/v production to award-winning music and video, performers and engineers must make the transition to AMD’s 64-bit technology. We expect our customers will experience amazing execution of creativity with Digital Audio Wave and create their own yet-to-be-classified media with DAWin-64.”
“Digital Audio Workstations are fast becoming the central hub of the professional studio -- handling not only recording, but full scale production with software-based effects, plug-ins, and virtual instruments. Scalability and high floating point performance are absolutely required,” said Charlie Boswell, senior member of the technical staff for Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD. “The AMD Opteron processor-based platform is quickly distinguishing itself as the first choice among many audio professionals because of its ability to provide superior 32-bit performance and native 64-bit compatibility. The products Digital Audio Wave is introducing to the industry will be on the leading-edge of technology.”
DAWin-64 DX200 System Features:
- AMD64 technology for simultaneous high-performance 32- and 64-bit computing with a 128-bit integrated DDR memory controller – up to 6.4GB/sec memory bandwidth for breakthrough performance and extraordinary cinematic computing experiences and the largest on-die cache memory system (1152KB total effective cache) for desktop PCs, greatly improving instruction throughput and performance for large memory workloads.
- HyperTransport™ technology enabling increased bandwidth and reduced I/O bottlenecks for increased system performance and better multitasking and reduced latency for virtual instruments and plug-ins.
- Western Digital’s WD Raptor Serial ATA hard drives deliver enterprise-class specifications with 10,000 RPM, as low as 4.2 milliseconds (ms) average seek time, and 1.2 million hours MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure. The newest generation WD Raptor offers the digital audio market 74 GB capacity, and Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF) technology to maintain hard drive performance in high-vibration environments. WD Raptor is a new class of hard drive that matches SCSI reliability and exceeds comparable SCSI performance in audio-video workloads while providing simplified connectivity for less cost than SCSI drives. Serial ATA incorporates significant technical enhancements over traditional ATA making it ideal for RAID implementations. Along with several configuration benefits, SATA technology improves data transmission through a point-to-point topology, eliminating bus sharing and delivering a full 1.5Gb/s bandwidth to each drive.
- In order to optimize performance in this point-to-point topology, a switch is required. 3ware is at the forefront of SATA technology with the only switched fabric architecture – StorSwitch™. StorSwitch allows the controller to simultaneously communicate with all drives, scaling linearly as more drives are added, resulting in the highest possible storage subsystem performance.
- Dual AMD Opteron™ Processor 200 Series - CPU Built-in 1MB L2 cache
- Three HyperTransport™ links providing up to 19.2 GB/s peak bandwidth per processor
- 128-bit Dual Channel Memory Controller – Integrated in CPU
- Simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing capability
- AMD-8151™ HyperTransport AGP 3.0 Graphics Tunnel
- AMD-8131™ PCI-X Tunnel
- AMD-8111™ HyperTransport I/O Hub
- Up to 16GB ECC Registered 400MHz DDR - (8) x 184-pin DDR DIMM Sockets – PC7200/2100/1600
- 8x AGP / 8x AGP Pro 50 Full Length Slot
- NVIDIA Quadro 8x Video Graphics Accelerator Card
- Two independent 64-bit PCI-X buses
- Two 64-bit 133/100MHz PCI-X slots
- Two 64-bit 100/66MHz PCI-X slots
- Two 32-bit 33MHz PCI slot
Integrated LAN Controllers
- 1 x floppy connector supports up to two drives
- 1 x 25-pin ECP/EPP parallel port connector and two serial (one rear connector, one header)
- 6 x USB v1.1 ports (4 rear connectors & 2 headers)
- 2 x PS/2 for mouse and keyboard connectors
- Two FireWire (IEEE 1394a) ports (one rear connector and one internal connector) - TI TSB43AB22 IEEE 1394a PCI controller
- Optional FireWire 800 IEEE-1394b
Integrated SATA Controller
- 3COM Gigabit LOM (3C940-MV00) via One RJ-45 LAN connector with LED connected to PCI-X Bridge A
- Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID Accelerator - Four SATA 1.0 ports - Supports up to four SATA drives Supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 (optional)
- 3ware Escalade 8506 4-port SATA Controller
- Configurable 7200 RPM w/ 8MB Internal Cache Western Digital SATA Hard Drives for OS and applications
- Configurable and dedicated recording medium including 74GB 10000RPM Western Digital Raptor Series SATA hard drives
Flexible Configuration Tower / 4U Rack Mountable Chassis Specifications
- Realtek ALC655 AC'97 Rev 2.3 Audio CODEC – 6-channel audio - Line-In – Line-out - Mic-In – Center channel/Subwoofer – Rear Channel audio jacks – 1 x 4-pin CD-in/Aux-in headers
About 3ware Inc.
- Power Supply: 550W "low-noise" single power supply with redundant cooling and PFC
- Removable Drive Bays (SATA): 7 x 3.5in. SATA bays - 3 x 5.25in – 1 x 3.5in internal – 1 x 3.5in external.
- System Cooling Fans: 2 x 9cm hot-swap "low-noise" cooling fan
- Rear Chassis Hot Air Exhaust Fans: 1 x 12cm "low-noise" exhaust fan
- Color: Black
- Chassis Size(W x H x D): 7in. x 17.1in. x 24.2in.
Founded in 1997, 3ware, Inc., the technology leader in high-capacity Serial ATA (SATA) RAID storage solutions, delivers reliable, enterprise class RAID storage using low cost ATA and SATA drives. 3ware's StorSwitch™ architecture applies network packet switching to storage controllers, eliminating the bottleneck found in traditional storage architectures. 3ware solutions are designed to meet the explosive demand for cost-effective, scalable storage, driven by high capacity enterprise applications. 3ware sells through VARS, OEM's and System Integrators.
About Western Digital
Western Digital, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company's core business produces reliable, high-performance hard drives that keep users' data close-at-hand and secure from loss.
Western Digital was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading systems manufacturers and selected resellers under the Western Digital brand name. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com
) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
About Digital Audio Wave
Founded in 1999 and based in Houston, Texas, Digital Audio Wave is a distinguished developer and manufacturer of high-performance, audio and video editing intensive workstations and media data solutions for the entertainment, digital audio, broadcast markets, and education and government institutions. Digital Audio Wave’s primary focus has been providing clients worldwide with reliable, cost-effective, scalable and technologically advanced media workstations and data storage solutions. Digital Audio Wave is a Yukatech LLC Company. The World is Your Studio!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.digitalaudiowave.com
Digital Audio Wave – YUKATECH LLC
5755 Bonhomme Drive Suite 414, Houston, Texas 77036, USA
Phone: 713-977-2746 Fax: 713-977-8622
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Opteron and combinations thereof, AMD-8111, AMD-8131, and AMD-8151 are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. HyperTransport is a licensed trademark of the HyperTransport Technology Consortium. Other product and company names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Digital Audio Wave is a trademark of Yukatech LLC. Digital Audio Wave disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes and shipping charges apply where necessary. You can get a copy of our limited warranties and guarantees by writing Digital Audio Wave, Attn: Warranty, 5755 Bonhomme Drive Suite 414, Houston, TX 77036 or visit www.digitalaudiowave.com. 1 Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice.