NVIDIA Announces New Nforce3 Ultra MCP
Company’s New Media and Communications Processor for AMD Athlon™ 64 FX Processor Delivers Performance, Features, and Security for Today’s High-End PCs
COMPUTEX—TAIPEI, TAIWAN --
NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announced the NVIDIA nForce™3 Ultra MCP, a new media and communications processor for motherboards and PC systems based on the AMD64 computing platform. The NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra MCP is the industry’s only single-chip, core-logic solution delivering performance and stability with the most innovative technology and features, including the world’s first and only native Gigabit Ethernet interface and hardware-optimized Firewall security solution, for enthusiast class/high-end PCs running
AMD Athlon™ 64 FX 53 processors now available in AMD’s new 939-pin packaging.
The NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra MCP incorporates cutting-edge networking, security, and storage technologies that help reduce CPU overhead and improve overall system performance, while delivering advanced features, functionality, and system stability. Today’s launch also marks the introduction of NVIDIA AutoTuning, a new performance-enhancing feature for all NVIDIA nForce3 MCPs that automatically adjusts PC clock speeds to maximize overall system performance—all without requiring any end-user intervention. In addition to NVIDIA AutoTuning, other key features of the NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra include:
- Native Gigabit Ethernet: The NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra MCP offers the industry’s only native Gigabit Ethernet networking solution, providing over 200% more networking bandwidth when compared to older PCI-based Gigabit Ethernet solutions, but uses 20% less CPU overhead in the processi.
- NVIDIA Firewall: The NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra MCP provides the industry’s first and only hardware-optimized Firewall solution delivering personal PC protection against network level hacking attacks, viruses, worms, and other common security risks, and additional advanced features, including anti-hacking features, logging capability, domain name filtering, and remote manageability for experienced users and IT professionals.
- Advanced RAID and Storage Support: NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra provides advanced storage capabilities, including native support for multiple disk RAID environments, a unique “spare disk” feature for additional back-up and data integrity; and integrated support for up to four Serial ATA and four Parallel ATA hard drives simultaneously—up to eight drives in total.
“NVIDIA’s nForce family—including the new nForce3 Ultra MCP—is an excellent complement to the power, stability and rich computing environment enabled by AMD Athlon 64 FX 53 processors,” said Marty Seyer, vice president and general manager of AMD’s Microprocessor Business Unit. “Together, AMD and NVIDIA are delivering a PC platform to drive high-definition content, high-speed networking and high-performance gaming. Users can also take comfort in knowing AMD64 platforms have Enhanced Virus Protection built in, which, when enabled by the upcoming Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, will help provide a more secure computing environment.”
NVIDIA is also committed to providing consumers with an outstanding out-of-the-box experience when using NVIDIA nForce-based PCs and motherboards. The NVIDIA Forceware for nForce software package, which is available for free from www.nvidia.com, provides users with a suite of utilities for additional usability and innovative features, including:
NVIDIA RAID—a simple to use interface lets users configure and monitor their current RAID set-up. NVIDIA Raid supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, JBOD, and spare-disk allocation configurations.
- NVMixer—an audio application that allows users to set up their speakers, configure the integrated equalizer and audio environment settings, and monitor audio statistics, chipset, and audio codec information.
- NVIDIA System Utility—for overclockers and enthusiasts, NVIDIA System Utility provides gamers with an easy-to-use interface for on-the-fly (real-time) overclocking in Windows®, BIOS tweaking, and system monitoring, including memory DIMM information and driver version statistics
PC systems and motherboards based on the NVIDIA nForce MCPs are currently available from leading manufacturers, including: ABIT Computer Corp., AOpen, ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Biostar Microtech Int’l Corp., Chaintech Computer Co. Ltd., DFI, EPoX International Inc., Giga-Byte Technology, Jetway Information Co. Ltd., Leadtek, MSI, Shuttle Computer Group, Inc., Soltek Computer Inc. and XFX.
NVIDIA Corporation is a market leader in visual computing technology dedicated to creating products that enhance the interactive experience on consumer and professional computing platforms. Its graphics and communications processors have broad market reach and are incorporated into a wide variety of computing platforms, including consumer digital-media PCs, enterprise PCs, professional workstations, digital content creation systems, notebook PCs, military navigation systems and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 1,900 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com.
Certain statements in this press release, including any statements relating to the Company's performance expectations for NVIDIA's family of products and expectations of continued revenue growth, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, manufacturing and other delays relating to new products, difficulties in the fabrication process and dependence of the Company on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, market acceptance of the Company's new products, and the Company's dependence on third-party developers and publishers. Investors are advised to read the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, particularly those sections entitled "Certain Business Risks," for a fuller discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties.
Copyright © 2004 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.