AMD Delivers Elite Visual Computing Performance with Latest Desktop Computing Platform
New AMD Phenom™ II X6 Processor, AMD 890FX Chipset and ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics Create AMD’s Most Powerful Desktop Platform Ever
SUNNYVALE, Calif. —4/27/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced the immediate availability of the AMD Phenom™ II X6 processor and AMD 890FX chipset ushering in a new era of immersive 3D entertainment and visualization. Trailblazing consumers seeking immersive 3D entertainment and high definition multi-monitor display now can affordably upgrade to six-core performance and award-winning ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 series graphics. Today also marks the availability of the flagship AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Black Edition processor, AMD’s fastest and most tunable desktop processor ever.
“With AMD Phenom II X6 processors, discerning customers can build an incredible, immersive entertainment system and content creation powerhouse,” said Bob Grim, director of Client Platform Marketing at AMD. “AMD is answering the call for elite desktop PC performance and features at an affordable price.”
AMD Phenom II X6 processors feature new Turbo CORE technology that transfers performance to three dedicated cores operating at higher frequency. AMD Phenom II X6 processors can shift to Turbo mode for demanding games and productivity software which may employ two or three cores, or shift back to six real cores for the demands of core-hungry content creation and immersive 3D applications.
Systems based on the AMD Phenom II X6 processor and the AMD 8-series chipsets are immediately available in North America from BOXX, iBuyPower, CyberPower, Systemax, MainGear, NCS Technology, Velocity Micro, and ZT Systems. AMD Phenom II X6 processors and AMD 8-series chipsets are available on motherboard sold by online retailers NCIX, Newegg, TigerDirect, and ZipZoomFly.
- The AMD Phenom II X6 processor works with existing AM3 and AM2+ socket motherboards with proper BIOS support, making these processors an easy upgrade
- With the new AMD OverDrive™ 3.2.1, computer enthusiasts can tune system performance, customize settings, and tune memory performance for the latest AMD platforms with the new AMD Phenom II X6 processor1
- The AMD 890FX chipset is the premier complement to the AMD Phenom II X6 processor, featuring ATI CrossFireX™ technology, and is ready for up to four ATI Radeon HD graphics cards and award winning ATI EyeFinity multiple-display technology2
- All of the necessary components to build a complete AMD-based system featuring the AMD Phenom II X6 processor can be purchased for less than the price of our competition’s only six-core desktop processor3
- The AMD 890FX with SB850 chipset includes the latest SATA 6Gb/s hard drive interface, Gigabit Ethernet, HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology, and PCI Express® Generation 2.0 designed to provide high performance data flow
- Many AMD 890FX-based motherboards feature SuperSpeed USB 3.0, quickly synchronizing and transferring digital media files on the new generation of USB 3.0 devices
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com
- AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking – even when overclocking is enabled via AMD software.
- ATI Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled ATI Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems (systems with multiple graphics cards can support a maximum of 8 displays with 6 in SLS and 2 in extended mode) - the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. ATI Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or certified DisplayPort™ adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required.
- Pricing based on competitive MSRP averages of: motherboard, memory, ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics, hard drive (7200 rpm), chassis, power supply unit, standard 24” 1080P LCD, as advertised on www.newegg.com on 4/15. AMD processor pricing is online at AMD’s website. Intel Core i7 six-core price as advertised on www.newegg.com on 4/15. All prices subject to change.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD OverDrive, AMD Phenom, CrossFireX, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.