AMD Delivers Multi-Display Support with Longevity on Latest Entry-Level Embedded Discrete GPU
AMD Radeon™ E6460 GPU brings the latest desktop graphics performance and features to the casino gaming, digital signage, instrumentation and industrial controls markets
BOSTON, Mass. —9/26/2011
Today at Embedded Systems Conference East, AMD (NYSE: AMD) introduced the AMD Radeon™ E6460 discrete graphics processor as AMD’s next generation entry-level embedded graphics processor and complements the previously announced AMD Radeon™ E6760. With support for up to four simultaneous displays and more than double the 3D graphics performance of the ATI Radeon™ E2400 GPU1, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU sets a new bar for features and performance in an entry-level embedded GPU. With five years of planned supply availability and with the graphics memory included in the same package, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU delivers the longevity, small footprint, and ease of design demanded by embedded system designers.
“The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU provides the high value, small footprint, and long supply demanded by embedded customers,” said Richard Jaenicke, director of Embedded Client Business for AMD. “With a footprint-compatible subset of the high-performance AMD E6760 GPU, the new AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables broadly scalable graphics and multimedia performance in a single board design.”
The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables an immersive experience with desktop-level 3D graphics and multimedia features:
- An advanced 3D graphics engine and programmable shader architecture supports Microsoft DirectX® 11 technology for superior graphics rendering.
- The third generation unified video decoder enables dual HD decode of H.264, VC-1, MPEG4 and MPEG2 compressed video streams.
- The 512 MB GDDR5 frame buffer included in the BGA package provides high memory bandwidth while reducing the total footprint of the platform solution and the effort needed to design and maintain the system over time.
- Targeted at casino gaming, digital signage, instrumentation and industrial control systems, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables system designers to deliver products with value-conscious mindset.
- One system design, multiple customer product categories. The BGA ballout of the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU is a subset of the higher performing AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enabling system designers to develop one system for both GPUs.
- Featuring multi-display support with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU supports up to four independent output displays2, HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic video and DisplayPort 1.2 for higher link speeds and simplified display connectivity.
- The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU comes with five years of planned supply availability. Technical support is provided by a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
- AMD Radeon E6460 GPU can be paired with select models of AMD’s next generation high-performance Accelerated Processing Units (APU) to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.
AMD’s full portfolio of Embedded Products, including the award-winning AMD Embedded G-Series platform, will be on display in booth 801 at the Embedded Systems Conference East in Boston, Massachusetts.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2011, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DirectX is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- System configuration: AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 @ 2.6GHz 4 Core, Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz, Windows® 7 64bit Ultimate with 3DMark2006 v 1.2 and 3DMark Vantage v 1.0.2.
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with applications that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.