AMD to Webcast Keynote Presentations at AMD Fusion Developer Summit
SUNNYVALE, Calif. —6/6/2012
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that it will provide live video webcasts of keynote presentations at the 2012 AMD Fusion Developer Summit (AFDS), to be held June 11-14 in Bellevue, Washington. Keynote speakers include AMD senior management and technology leaders from Adobe®, AMD, Cloudera, Gaikai, Microsoft, Penguin Computing and SRS Labs.
Topics and presentation times are as follows:
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Tuesday, June 12
- Tom Malloy, senior vice president & chief software architect, Advanced Technology Labs, Adobe Systems Incorporated: “The Promise of Parallel: Today’s State of Heterogeneous Computing”
- Phil Rogers, corporate fellow, AMD: “The Programmer’s Guide to a Universe of Possibility”
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Wednesday, June 13
- David Perry, chief executive officer & co-founder, Gaikai: “Delivering Console Quality Video Games from the Cloud”
- Alan D. Kraemer, executive vice president and chief technology officer, SRS Labs, Inc.: “MDA an Open Standard for the Future of Audio”
- Steven Bathiche, director of research, Applied Sciences Group, Microsoft: “Breaking Harlow’s Monkeys”
- 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (PDT), Thursday, June 14
- Phil Pokorny, RHCE chief technical officer, Penguin Computing: “HPC Computing, From the Inside Out: An Insider’s Perspective”
- Dr. Amr Awadallah, co-founder and CTO, Cloudera: “Apache Hadoop: The Modern Data Operating System”
- Mark Papermaster, senior vice president and chief technology officer, AMD: “Heterogeneous Computing: The Market. The Roadmap”
A live video webcast of the presentation can be accessed at http://www.inxpo.com/events/amd/afds-d.
A replay of the webcast can be accessed immediately after the conclusion of the keynote presentations.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc. used by permission by Khronos.