ATI FirePro M7740 Graphics Accelerator and Dell Precision M6400 Together Redefine Mobile Workstation Performance and Scalability
AMD 3D graphics accelerators deliver top-notch workstation application support in a mobile design for content creators and CAD professionals
SIGGRAPH 2009, NEW ORLEANS, LA --8/4/2009
Increasing the momentum and industry support for its 3D professional graphics accelerators, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced its newest solution for content creators and computer-aided designers (CAD) who demand mobility: the ATI FirePro™ M7740 graphics accelerator, set to power Dell Precision® M6400 Mobile Workstations. Designed with digital content creators, CAD, and engineers in mind, the Dell Precision M6400 brings swift real-time graphical rendering and brilliant color representation to the forefront of large model design work, all while giving professionals excellent performance capabilities for multitasking and multi-threaded applications. The new offering provides design professionals with the high performance and reliability that is synonymous with the ATI FirePro family of graphics accelerators.
- Dell Precision M6400 is engineered to offer outstanding graphics performance with RAID storage options and memory scalability.
- The mobile workstation is also designed to meet the demanding needs of customers working with large models in Microsoft Direct X- or OpenGL-based applications.
- ATI FirePro M7740 3D accelerators are available this month with the Dell Precision M6400 workstations.
- ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators maximize application performance and reliability with over 90 certifications confirmed by leading application providers such as Autodesk and Dassault Systèmes.
- At SIGGRAPH 2009 (August 4-6, 2009) the Dell Precision M6400 workstation will be on display in the AMD booth 2417 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
"The ATI FirePro M7740 brings superior visual quality and graphical performance to our Dell Precision M6400 mobile workstations, giving us a distinct competitive advantage in the marketplace," said Greg Weir, Senior Manager, Dell Precision Workstation. "Joining forces with AMD has enabled us to design a mobile platform that delivers desktop workstation-class performance and provides our customers with a more comprehensive range of solution choices."
"AMD knows that flawless execution and best-in-class performance is a priority for professionals who rely on workstations for their livelihood," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "The Dell Precision M6400 utilizes the ATI FirePro M7740's powerful GPU and 1GB frame buffer, to help accelerate software applications and improve productivity, while giving professionals the assurance of superior reliability that comes with having certified drivers and professional-grade ATI FirePro hardware."
Please click here for additional information about OEM developments in March 2009 and here for April 2009.
- For more information on ATI FirePro™ 3D workstation graphics accelerators, please click here.
- Read Janet Matsuda's guest blog on Dell.com.
- For more information on Dell Precision workstations click here.
- Follow AMD professional graphics updates on Twitter: @ATIFirePro
- For general AMD updates on Twitter follow: @AMDUnprocessed
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Copyright 2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, FirePro, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.