Top PC Makers Launch Desktop PCs with AMD Radeon™ HD 6450, HD 6570 and HD 6670 Discrete Graphics Cards
-New desktop PCs from Dell, HP and more pack the latest graphics punch from AMD, accelerating many everyday applications, supporting new levels of realism in the latest games, and enabling the ultimate desktop workspaces with AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology-
SUNNYVALE, Calif. —2/16/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that many of the industry’s top PC makers are choosing AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics to help customers unlock new levels of realism made possible by the company’s second generation of DirectX® 11-capable graphics, as well as enable acceleration of many everyday applications with AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. Additionally, AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology makes it possible to combine two or more monitors into one large workspace, allowing faster access to applications and enhanced productivity.1
New desktop PCs featuring the AMD Radeon™ HD 6450, AMD Radeon™ HD 6570 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 graphics cards are available today from Dell, HP, and other leading PC manufacturers.
“Today more than ever, users’ computing experiences need to be visually appealing, supporting compelling HD content and unparalleled realism in games,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. “In response, PC makers are including AMD Radeon™ HD 6450, AMD Radeon™ HD 6570 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 graphics cards in their latest desktop designs. With AMD Radeon graphics, including the industry’s only second generation of DirectX 11-capable graphics and AMD Eyefinity technology, customers know they are getting the uncompromising premium experience they deserve.”
Desktop PC models with AMD Radeon™ HD 6450, HD 6570 and HD 6670 graphics cards are available today online and at major retailers worldwide. Partners are scheduled to begin shipping add-in board versions of the AMD Radeon™ HD 6450, HD 6570 and HD 6670 graphics cards as early as Q2 2011.
“Dell OptiPlex commercial desktops are designed for organizations that require maximum productivity and collaboration from their workforce,” said Mike Basore, marketing director, Client Product Group, Dell. “Graphically rich applications, HD content, multimedia training modules, and diverse types of digital content are now an everyday part of business. Using the AMD Radeon HD 6670 in the recently announced
Dell OptiPlex desktop, ensures our customers have the graphics horsepower and image quality for an optimal computing experience.”
The new PCs powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ cards offer an incredibly vivid computing experience, made possible by:
- AMD EyeSpeed Visual acceleration technology, for smooth playback and superb quality 3D Blu-ray™, online streaming video, and other HD content, as well as acceleration of everyday applications such as Internet Explorer 9, Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player 10.2 and other entertainment and productivity applications made possible through AMD APP technology.2
- AMD Eyefinity technology, for expanded desktop real estate across up to three displays that enables consumers to see more data, open more applications and view more information all at once.3
- The industry’s only second generation DirectX® 11-capable graphics, enabling consumers to play the latest games with the most realistic visuals and superior game performance.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD’s graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Please check with OEM to confirm that AMD Eyefinity is supported.
- AMD EyeSpeed technology is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD’s Unified Video Decoder (UVD). AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.