New AMD Business Class Technology for Desktops Meets Workplace Demands with Superior Performance and Value
New commercial-grade PC platform features latest AMD integrated graphics technology, stable processors with up to 24-month longevity and support for Windows® 7 for exceptional business value
Sunnyvale, Calif. --9/15/2009
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced new AMD Business Class technology for desktop PCs designed for Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs), large enterprises and the public sector. The new 2009 AMD Business Class Desktop Platform, offered as part of AMD Business Class technology, delivers the benefits of the latest AMD CPUs, chipsets and graphics hardware to business users. AMD Business Class technology, including platforms configured with AMD Phenom™ II and AMD Athlon™ II 45nm processors, AMD 7-Series chipsets and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series graphics processors, offers superior value, advanced visual productivity, and support for essential manageability, security and virtualization features.
- AMD Business Class technology is designed to help manage image changes by offering up to a 24-month planned life-cycle on select CPUs from initial availability,1 incorporating AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) technology, and supporting industry standards like Desktop and Mobile Architecture for System Hardware (DASH) 1.1 for out-of-band manageability and TPM 1.2 for security.
- AMD Business Class technology is available today on the HP Compaq 6005 Pro Business PC.
- With today’s refresh, AMD Business Class technology now offers AMD DAS 1.0 capabilities in configurations for desktop PCs. AMD DAS is a suite of technologies that enable virtualization and standards-based essential manageability and security with features that don’t lock commercial customers into a single, proprietary technology.
- AMD Business Class technology helps drive business productivity with support for Windows Vista® or Windows® 72 by making it easier to manage multiple monitors,3 run legacy software in virtual XP Mode and take advantage of new graphic enhancements.
- AMD Business Class technology delivers energy efficient features designed to help businesses reduce their carbon footprint, minimize processor power consumption, and help save money on energy costs. The new desktop platform features Cool‘n’Quiet™ 2.0 technology to help enable reduced system noise and long PC life.
“Businesses require stable, reliable and powerful PCs that can meet their growing and evolving needs,” said Chris Cloran, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of AMD’s Client Products. “AMD Business Class technology for desktop PCs provides our OEM customers with superior value and flexibility, enabling them to deliver advanced system security features and energy efficiency for quiet computing that businesses need.”
“HP is committed to helping our customers find the right PCs for their businesses by offering a range of secure, stable and energy-efficient solutions,” said Alan Reed, vice president and general manager, Desktop PCs, HP. “Starting with today’s newly announced HP Compaq 6005 Pro Business PC, based on AMD Business Class technology, we’re confident that our collaboration with AMD will help us meet the value and performance demands of businesses around the world.”
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, AMD Athlon, AMD Phenom, AMD Virtualization, AMD-V, Cool'n'Quiet, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- AMD Business Class technology offers up to 24 months of planned stability on first-issue desktop CPU models, up to 18 months on second-issue models, up to 12 months on third-issue models, and up to 18 months on first-issue notebook CPU models.
- Windows® 7 capable PC configuration required.
- AMD Business Class technology-based systems with integrated ATI Radeon™ graphics processors support dual monitors. Check with seller to see whether monitors are included with system purchase.