Additional hardware (e.g. Blu-ray drive, HD or 10-bit monitor, TV tuner, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD Video display requires an HD video source. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
- OpenCL compliant SDK and driver release scheduled for later in 2011.
- AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for spanning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ GPU with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by system design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
- AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL™ or DirectCompute (including AMD’s Unified Video Decoder (UVD)). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
- AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Additional hardware (e.g. 3D enabled panels, 3D-enabled glasses/emitter, Blu-ray 3D drive) and/or software (e.g. Blu-ray 3D discs, 3D middleware, games) are required for the enablement of stereoscopic 3D. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
- A complete AMD CrossFireX™ system includes AMD Radeon™ Graphics, a motherboard with a compatible AMD or Intel® Chipset, AMD CrossFireX™ Certified memory and a AMD CrossFireX™ power supply.
- Accelerated transcoding requires application support for AMD App Acceleration. AMD App Acceleration works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
- Digital rights management restrictions may apply.
- Upscaling subject to available monitor resolution.
- Blu-ray 3D playback requires additional stereo 3D hardware and software.
- Adobe Flash video acceleration and post-processing is supported for H.264-encoded content. Requires Adobe Flash Player 10.1 plug-in or later version.
- Requires Blu-ray movie disc supporting dual 1080p streams.
- Playing HDCP content requires additional HDCP ready components, including but not limited to an HDCP ready monitor, Blu-ray or HD DVD disc drive, multimedia application and computer operating system.
- Some custom resolutions require user configuration.
- In tests conducted in AMD performance labs at 1920x1080, simulating mobile performance with a down-clocked desktop test system the AMD Radeon™ HD 6990M-based system was measured to be faster than the Nvidia GeForce 580M in the following benchmarks: Dragon Age 2 at 4AA/16AF (23.69% faster), Total War: Shogun 2 at 2xAA/16xAF (10.36% faster), Aliens vs. Predator at 2xAA/8xAF (13.19% faster), Batman: Arkham Asylum at 4xAA/16xAF (16.85% faster), ET: Quake Wars at 8xAA/16xAF (25.82% faster), Just Cause 2 at 0xAA/2xAF (14.22% faster), Left 4 Dead 2 at 0xAA/0xAF (8.30% faster), Metro2033 at AAA/4xAF (11.40% faster), The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena at 4xAA/8xAF (15.32% faster), Wolfenstein MP at 8xAA/16xAF (16.59% faster). Tests conducted with the following configuration: Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 (2.4GHz), 4GB (2GBX2GB), DDR3 system memory, Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit Ultimate operating system. Drivers: AMD Catalyst 8.861 RC1, NVIDIA Driver 275.33 WHQL.
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. AMD reserves the right to revise this information and to make changes from time to time to the content hereof without obligation of AMD to notify any person of such revisions or changes.
AMD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENTS HEREOF AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THAT MAY APPEAR IN THIS INFORMATION. AMD SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL AMD BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, EVEN IF AMD IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
© 2011 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow Logo, CrossFireX, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advance Micro Devices Inc.. DirectX, Microsoft, and Windows are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos. All other names are provided for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.