AMD-P consists of the following features:
- AMD CoolCore™ Technology, which can reduce energy consumption by turning off unused parts of the processor
- AMD Smart Fetch Technology, which helps reduce power consumption by allowing idle cores to enter a "halt" state, causing them to draw even less power during processing idle times, without compromising system performance
- Independent Dynamic Core Technology, which enables variable clock frequency for each core, depending on the specific performance requirement of the applications it is supporting, helping to reduce power consumption
- Dual Dynamic Power Management™ (DDPM™) Technology, which provides an independent power supply to the cores and to the memory controller, allowing the cores and memory controller to operate on different voltages, depending on usage
- AMD PowerCap manager gives the ability to put a cap on the P-state level of a core via the BIOS enabled, helping to deliver consistent, predictable power consumption of a system.