The need to simulate and accurately visualize 3D geometry is fundamental to the success and efficiency of finite element modeling and postprocessing regardless of project or CAE data complexity.
The extensive collaboration between the Femap software development team at Siemens PLM Software & AMD and the use of VBO's (vertex buffer objects) running on the AMD FirePro W5000 and W7000 graphic cards has resulted in exceptional Femap 11 software performance. This has resulted in superior levels of real time visualization.
“We have been able to thoroughly test and certify graphics cards from all the hardware manufacturers that supported the Femap 11 development effort including the AMD FirePro graphics cards, and the results more than live up to our high expectations," says Al Robertson, Femap Product Marketing Manager for Siemens PLM Software.
Siemens PLM Femap update speeds graphic performance
New advanced graphics technology results in exceptional Femap 11 software performance.
Siemens PLM says its new release of Femap software for product development simulation and analysis benefits from significant enhancements in graphic performance. The company also claims dynamic rotation of large, complex models is at least five times faster than the previous version.
- Femap and AMD FirePro: the “best” choice for engineering and simulation professionals
- 5X acceleration in latest Femap 11 release with VBO
- Graphics performance and reliability - Innovative high-end graphics solution for professionals
- Price advantage over NV, delivering great value to Femap users (Perf/dollar)
- Confidence in switching from Consumer to Professional cards
- Optimized and certified for superior performance and reliability
- Workflow optimization - Ease and efficiency in moving from CAD professional app (NX) to simulation workflow
- Femap with NX Nastran provides a very cost effective Windows-native CAE solution that combines Femap's widely used pre- and post-processing capabilities with the well-known and trusted analysis capabilities of NX Nastran.
Enhanced Productivity through Performance Improvements
Femap version 11 provides more efficient access and processing of results data by attaching results data files, rather than importing the data into the Femap database. This minimizes database size and improves accessibility and speed of results processing. Femap 11 also increases performance of graphical data access and display by taking advantage of graphics card memory, which significantly improves dynamic rotation of large models.