Whether choosing to implement Remote Graphics, VDI or both, AMD is making it easy for IT professionals to choose one solution to meet multiple computing needs.
Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure
- Capable of delivering basic business computing, and supporting specialized users working with professional graphics applications, complex 3D models and large data sets
- No physical computer needed, just a thin/zero client device, display, mouse and keyboard, and one GPU per user
- One compatible AMD FirePro™ professional graphics card drives full remote computing experience
- Graphics card is installed in a server/blade in the data center, or in system residing in a separate location when IT needs to lower noise and heat in the active workspace
- AMD FirePro™ technology offers support for direct GPU passthrough for VMware® ESXi/ESX and Citrix® XenServer™, enabling GPU acceleration in the data center
- AMD FirePro™ R5000 remote graphics, with an integrated PCoIP host processor, enables the delivery of remote workstations over the network
- Similar capabilities to Remote Graphics, plus full system virtualization with rich graphics
- AMD FirePro™ professional graphics combined with Microsoft® RemoteFX enables full GPU virtualization
- One AMD FirePro™ professional graphics card installed in a server running Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1 can support multiple concurrent user sessions – anywhere on network LAN or WAN
- All users need to connect is a Windows 7 SP1 based system or a zero client RemoteFX portal - no other special hardware is required
- More specialized users working with robust, graphically intensive applications can be supported too
Following is a complete list of AMD FirePro™ technology capable of supporting Remote Graphics or VDI deployments.