Today AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that the AMD FirePro™ R5000 remote graphics card has been fully tested and certified by Autodesk®, Bentley®, Dassault Systèmes and Siemens PLM software, empowering secure and remote professional graphics application performance in the cloud. The AMD FirePro™ R5000 is a single-card remote graphics solution certified for several applications from these leading CAD/CAE/CAM software providers. A one-of-a-kind solution, the AMD FirePro™ R5000 unites a professional-grade graphics processing unit (GPU) and the Teradici TERA2240 PCoIP host processor into a single-width PCI Express 3.0 card. The AMD remote graphics solution is designed for mainstream CAD/CAE/CAM workflows that require high-performing graphics capabilities in the cloud.
The current list of certified applications1 includes:
- AutoCAD® 2014/2013/2012
- Inventor® 2014
- Revit® 2014/2013/2012
- MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3)
- SOLIDWORKS 2014/2013/2012
Siemens PLM Software
- NX 8.5/8.0
- Teamcenter Visualization 8.01/8.0/2007
- Tecnomatix 9.1.2
- Solid Edge ST6
“These certifications are a true testament to AMD’s software support and our commitment to developing market-leading professional graphics solutions,” said David Cummings, senior director and general manager, Professional Graphics at AMD. “Ultimately, we are proud to provide a consistent, world-class experience for our workstation users. With the AMD FirePro R5000 remote graphics, we enable design and engineering professionals to work effectively and more productively in a cloud environment.”
“CAD, CAE and CAM workstation users demand uncompromised remote access to feature-rich 3D content and graphics acceleration and we’re proud to work with AMD to deliver that using AMD FirePro R5000 remote graphics,” said Olivier Favre, director of product management, Teradici. “Together, AMD and Teradici are delivering a secure remote workstation experience to users of high performance graphics applications in the cloud. For power users on-the-go, Teradici PCoIP Software Clients and Zero Clients enable remote workstation mobility and full-performance access in the enterprise.”
The AMD FirePro™ R5000 remote graphics GPU delivers the following:
- True 3D, multi-monitor desktop experience enabled over standard IP networks via proven transmission and compression technology
- Low TCO by allowing workstations to be centralized in local or remote sites
- More flexible seating arrangements for IT departments by giving users access to their applications from any device and taking advantage of PCoIP clients
- Remote display capability for up to four 1920x1200 resolution monitors per user with compatible zero client device or Teradici’s newly released software client
- A secure computing environment allowing transmissions to be encrypted and only pixel transmission between the AMD FirePro R5000 and the zero client at each user’s desk
Additionally, the AMD FirePro™ R5000 is tested and certified for use with the HP t310 Zero Client and HP Z420 and Z620 workstations, enabling secure, reliable access to models and designs.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.