Please review the key criteria below. If you have a program that fits this description, please send a brief email outlining your program to the AMD Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMD Changing the Game is a signature education initiative funded by the AMD Foundation. The mission of AMD Changing the Game, which was launched in June 2008, is to inspire youth to learn critical education and life skills by equipping them to create digital games with social content.
- Education nonprofit organization or school that teaches youth (9-18) how to create digital games with social content. Examples of social content include, but are not limited to, issues involving energy, environment, health, politics, public policy and transportation.
- The youth game development program must also:
- Take place at a school, after-school or summer program
- Outline potential AMD employee volunteer opportunities
- Focus on helping kids develop skills in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- Measure and report its results
- Comply with the U.S. Patriot Act and other applicable legislation
- Special consideration will be given to programs that target disadvantaged youth and are based in AMD site communities. Targeted communities include:
- Asia (Bangalore, Beijing, Hyderabad, Shanghai, Singapore, Suzhou, Taipei)
- Toronto, CA (Markham specifically)
- San Jose/Silicon Valley, CA
- Fort Collins, CO
- Bellevue, WA
- Orlando, FL
- Boston, MA
- Austin, TX