AMD is built upon the value of putting people first—our customers, our employees, our neighbors, and our communities around the world. We believe that the success of our company is directly related to the health of the communities we call home. As a result, we have a longstanding heritage of investing our time, money, and technology with local organizations to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges.
It is this legacy that inspired us to create the AMD Foundation to strengthen our philanthropic giving and provide focus for our more than 25-year history of community involvement.
AMD Foundation Mission
- Provide opportunities for future generations to learn critical science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) skills and life skills with focus on programs that are teaching students how to create digital games while learning critical STEM skills
- Enrich AMD communities worldwide through employee engagement, matching gifts. and disaster relief programs
Major AMD Site Communities
Inquiries must come from 501(c)(3) nonprofits and schools with programs meeting the criteria above and are located in a major AMD site listed below in the North America and Asia.
- Canada: Markham and Toronto, Ontario
- United States: Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Ft. Collins, Colorado; Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), California; Orlando, Florida; Bellevue, Washington; Portland, Oregon
- Bangalore and Hyderabad, India; Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou, China; Singapore, Singapore; Cyberjaya and Penang, Malaysia; Taipei, Taiwan
Board of Directors
- Darrell Ford, Chairman
- Ruth Cotter, Vice-Chairman
- Susan Moore, President
- Devinder Kumar, Treasurer
- Chekib Akrout
- Jim Anderson
AMD Foundation, Inc.
7171 Southwest Parkway, MS 100.4
Austin, TX 78735