The AMD EPYC™ Challenge at Packet4
Get $250 in initial credit
See how EPYC powered servers can deliver for your computing needs
Why is AMD EPYC a great fit in Packet’s bare metal hosting?
Flexibility. Performance. Security.
Born in the cloud, the AMD EPYC™ X86 system-on-chip delivers 33% more memory bandwidth1 and 60% more I/O2 than the competition to power data center applications. Plus you can get up to 14% more cores3 with the EPYC 7601 vs. the Intel Xeon 8180.
No matter how you deploy, the AMD EPYC™ processor powers fast, responsive, and secure IT.
- Up to 32 high performance cores (64 threads)
- Boost performance and compute density
- Up to 2TB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory capacity (across 8 channels)
- Accelerates memory-intensive application performance
- 128 Lanes of PCIe® Gen 3
- Extend server capabilities without needing to add PCI switching
- Integrated security subsystem
- Protects and enables secure multi-tenancy per CPU/SoC
TAKE THE AMD EPYC CHALLENGE AT PACKET
1. Get $250 in credit to try your workload on an AMD EPYC™ powered server at Packet.
2. Publish a detailed teardown of your results to get $1500 in additional credit.
3. Enter to win a year’s worth of free EPYC processor usage at Packet.
Get details and take the challenge @
AMD EPYC Challenge at PACKET
The AMD EPYC™ 7000 Series
Performance and scale for cloud era datacenters
- AMD EPYC™ 7601 processor supports up to 8 channels of DDR4-2667, versus the Xeon Platinum 8180 processor at 6 channels of DDR4-2667. NAP-42
- AMD EPYC™ processor supports up to 128 PCIe® Gen 3 I/O lanes (in both 1 and 2-socket configuration), versus the Intel® Xeon® SP Series processor supporting a maximum of 48 lanes PCIe® Gen 3 per CPU, plus 20 lanes in the chipset (max of 68 lanes on 1 socket and 116 lanes on 2 socket). NAP-56
- AMD EPYC 7601 processor includes up to 32 CPU cores versus the Xeon Platinum 8180 processor with 28 CPU cores. NAP-43
- The AMD EPYC Challenge is sponsored and administered by Packet. Visit the Packet website to enter and for additional information.