Last revised January 30, 2019
- we use your personal information when you use our products, services or technologies or provide us with your personal information in other ways; and
- we respect your personal information privacy rights.
- Personal Information We Collect
- Our Use of Your Information
- Direct Marketing
- Disclosure of Information
- Security and Quality
- AMD’s Cookies Policy
- Links to External Websites
- Your Rights: Access to Your Information
- Information for individuals located in the European Economic Area
- Your California Privacy Rights
- User Experience Program
- Changes, Oversight and Questions
We collect several kinds of information from you, depending on the AMD product, service or technology you use, including AMD operated websites, or information you provide to us on request.
Online collection: We collect personal information from you when you register for a forum or to receive email communications, download products such as drivers, register or validate products with us, create a user name and password, provide feedback, send email inquiries, upload any content to AMD websites, including photos, or participate in another part of an AMD website. The information that we collect is set out on the relevant pages of the AMD website you visit and may include, for example, your name, email address, photo, postal address, postcode, country of residence, job title, daytime and/or mobile phone number, IP address and information about your workplace and the nature of your business. If you use an AMD website to apply for jobs at AMD, we will also collect information about your educational background and employment history and we will request your professional resume/CV. In general, you can visit AMD websites without revealing any information about yourself. However, where an AMD website requires you to register, if you choose not to register you may not be able to use its features to their fullest extent. For example, you will not be able to participate in forum discussions on that AMD website.
Offline collection: We also collect personal information from you when you provide us with it at conferences, trade shows or similar events. Such personal information will typically consist of your business or personal contact details.
Collection from third parties: In some cases, we obtain personal information from third party sources. These sources are public and non-public. Examples of public sources include trade directories or websites like LinkedIn. Examples of non-public sources include marketing companies from which we obtain marketing leads or event organizers where AMD is an exhibitor.
We use the personal information we collect about you for any of the following purposes:
- providing, developing, improving and personalizing our products, services and technologies, including AMD websites;
- handling, and communicating with you about, purchases of AMD products and services you make through our e-commerce channel;
- registering you for an AMD service or technology, including on the relevant AMD website;
- providing you (subject to the ‘Direct marketing’ section below) with updates, newsletters and/or marketing communications;
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- generating anonymous reports about use of AMD websites and their features;
- allowing you to take part in AMD website features, competitions, campaigns, promotions or surveys;
- providing you with online training on our products and services, including course materials, case studies and sales tools;
- analyzing the data of people who use our products, services or technologies, including those who visit AMD websites to better understand how they interact with relevant AMD websites to enable us to understand and improve our service offerings (including customizing the content of our offerings), for example if you participate in AMD’s User Experience Program (subject to the ‘User Experience Program’ section below);
- producing anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop our or their own products and service offerings; and
- considering you for employment if you have provided personal information pursuant to an application for a job with AMD.
Where you consent, we use your personal information to provide you with marketing communications, including, but not limited to email communications or information about our products and services, new launches, promotions and special offers.
We send such communications by:
- SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic message;
- push notifications;
- social network messages; and
- any other medium which becomes relevant from time to time.
Personal information is disclosed to the following parties:
- to employees and independent contractors of AMD, analytic vendors, third party agents and other service providers and suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for AMD or to perform a service that you have requested;
- to our third-party reseller, and merchant of record, of AMD products that you purchase through our e-commerce channel;
- to and between companies within the AMD group;
- where you give us permission to disclose your personal information to third parties selected by us for marketing purposes;
- if we are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, regulator or other authority;
- where we deem it necessary, in our sole discretion, to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with an AMD service or technology or any third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our assets or stock or our affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We also disclose non-private, aggregate or otherwise non-personal information with third parties, including social media companies like Facebook and Twitter, and online advertising companies like Google, to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services for marketing purposes. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message.
At this time, we do not track our users’ personal information over time and across third-party websites. We therefore do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information about you that we pass to a third party will be held securely by that party and only be used for the purposes for which it was provided to them. Except as noted above, information we collect from AMD website visitors will not be shared with individuals or other companies unrelated to AMD, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for AMD.
AMD is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide. We use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on secured computer servers that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Please help us to keep your personal information secure by not using an obvious login name or password and ensuring you do not divulge your password to any other person.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. We will actively review the personal information we hold and when there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or in some cases anonymize it.
AMD’s Cookies Policy is available for review here.
You may have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests (with a return email address where possible) to:
AMD Communication Preference Centre
Or by post to:
AMD Web Services Team
1 Commerce Valley Dr. East
Markham, ON L3T 7X6
- Basis of processing: Where you give us your personal information to receive or use a product, service or technology from us, we process your personal information on the basis that such processing is necessary to give effect to the contract between us. Where you give us your personal information for any other reason, we process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes to respond to your request (for example, providing you with access to our websites or providing you with direct marketing that you have requested);
- Data Protection Officer (“DPO”): We have appointed a DPO in Germany who may be contacted for information relating to that jurisdiction at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions in relation to our processing of your personal information, please contact the Communication Preference Centre.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. AMD does not share personal information about its consumers with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We are required to respond to a customer request only once during any calendar year. To make such a request you should contact email@example.com or by post to AMD Web Services Team, 1 Commerce Valley Dr. East, Markham, ON L3T 7X6, Canada. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information sharing that is covered will be included in our response.
Participating in AMD’s User Experience Program allows you to share details of your experience with us so that we can continue to improve and develop our products, services and technologies. For more information about this program and how it affects your personal information, please read the information available at AMD User Experience.