AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the North American launch of its Gaming Evolved title “Crysis 3". Working closely with Crytek, elite AMD engineers optimized “Crysis 3” to enable incredible performance on AMD Radeon™ graphics cards, powered by the award-winning AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. The AMD/Crytek alliance accelerates “Crysis 3” with the world’s fastest1 graphics processing unit (GPU), the AMD Radeon™ 7970 GHz Edition. This announcement comes just two weeks after the launch of the highly-acclaimed “Never Settle: Reloaded” bundle from AMD.
“‘Crysis 3’ is designed and optimized to be played on AMD Radeon graphics. No other GPU delivers the visual experience or next-generation features of AMD Radeon,” said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics. “Our close collaboration with Crytek means the robust AMD GCN architecture is fully exploited by ‘Crysis 3’ code paths. We set out to deliver the best gaming experience possible for enthusiasts, and frankly we’ve accomplished this through the Gaming Evolved program. The best way to enjoy it is through the ‘Never Settle Reloaded’ bundle.”
"No other PC game taxes graphics cards like the 'Crysis' franchise, and with AMD Radeon graphics at the helm, gamers will experience 'Crysis 3' in stunning visual clarity when settings are cranked to the max," said, Cevat Yerli, CEO and president, Crytek. "The launch of 'Crysis 3' – we hope - is just the beginning of a fruitful partnership with the AMD Gaming Evolved program. Together on 'Crysis 3,' AMD and Crytek will help redefine the PC gaming industry."
“Never Settle Reloaded” Redemption
Coupons for “Crysis 3” included in the AMD Radeon “Never Settle: Reloaded” bundle are provided by resellers when customers purchase AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics cards, and can be redeemed on the AMD Redemption portal2.
- Where to purchase: AMD Never Settle: Reloaded Bundle
- Product pages: AMD Radeon™ HD 7950, AMD Radeon™ HD 7970, AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GHz Edition
- Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
- Become a fan of AMD gaming on Facebook
- Visit the Crysis 3 homepage for more gaming information
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- In tests by AMD as of Feb. 14, 2013 on single-GPU graphics cards, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GHz Edition showed higher average performance (in FPS) than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 in “Crysis 3” across all available quality presets at a resolution of 1920x1080 and 2560x1200. System configuration: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (3.33GHz), MSI X79A-GD65, 16GB DDR3-1600 and Windows® 7 x64. AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GHz Edition evaluated with AMD Catalyst™ 13.2 Beta 5. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 evaluated with NVIDIA® ForceWare™ 313.95 BETA. GRDT-31
- Terms and conditions apply – check www.amd.com/neversettlereloadedoffer for full details.