New commercial systems featuring AMD PRO A-Series processors enable overall simplification of IT complexities for businesses around the world
Today at the Canalys Channels Forum AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the first PCs featuring 7th Generation AMD PRO APUs (formerly codenamed “Bristol Ridge PRO”). Built for business, AMD PRO APUs deliver increased computing and graphics performance, improved energy efficiency, while providing a secure and stable platform to protect customers’ IT investments.
“In the past two years we made incredible progress in the commercial client segment. Since its inception in mid-2014, AMD PRO processor unit shipments increased more than 45 percent, enabling businesses all over the world to simplify IT with secure, high performance, reliable solutions” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business, AMD. “We are thrilled to have PC market leaders like HP and Lenovo expanding their use of AMD technology in their business client portfolios.”
“We’re delighted to offer 7th generation AMD PRO processors in our new HP EliteDesk 705 G3 desktop series,” said Guayente Sanmartin, Vice President of Product Management, Commercial Desktops, HP Inc. “We are delivering more performance, security and flexibility to give our enterprise customers peace of mind that allows them to focus on their business, not on IT complexity.”
New systems from HP and Lenovo combine commercial-grade quality, performance, and stability, with exceptional video and audio capabilities enabling businesses to achieve more across key areas including productivity, manageability, and collaboration. In addition, Microsoft® Windows® 10 Pro features including Device Guard, Windows Hello, Biometric Security and BitLocker Encryption are fully supported, out of the box.
“We at Canalys recognize the ongoing appetite across channel and mid-size businesses globally for more secure, reliable, flexible and cost-effective technology enablement.” said Steve Brazier, President and CEO of Canalys. “As companies embrace digital options deeper in their businesses, their expectations from technology partners will change, making it imperative that IT vendors deliver products that can make an immediate impact on the market through innovation, enhanced performance and increased reliability, amongst other focus areas. These new desktops, featuring AMD processor technology, provide opportunities for businesses to handle critical challenges without sacrificing manageability, security or stability.”
AMD 7th Generation PRO Processors
7th Generation AMD PRO processors tackle business needs in three key areas:
- Help ensure sensitive data and trusted applications remain secure with the dedicated and integrated AMD Secure Processor technology; a system-wide secure environment that offloads and isolates security functions, providing an independent hardware-based root of trust for secure boot, content protection, application security, and fTPM 2.0 (firmware trusted platform module).
- To meet users’ growing compute and graphic demands, new AMD PRO desktop processors provide up to 14% more compute and 22% more graphic performance while being up to 32% more energy efficient than 6th generation AMD PRO processors2.
- Open standards and CPU-agnostic DASH manageability allows IT departments to easily integrate and manage systems. The new AMD AM4 desktop infrastructure provides a stable and upgradable platform for the future.
AMD 7th Generation Systems
The HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Series desktops, available in microtower, small-form factor (SFF), or mini-form factor, deliver impressive value with uncompromising performance, security, and manageability for an enterprise-class experience. The EliteDesk desktop PCs are more secure with HP Sure Start with Protection of BIOS Configuration and Policy. This helps to protect your PC and ensure uninterrupted productivity by automatically detecting and recovering from BIOS corruption or attacks. The desktops also include TPM 2.0 to secure data and HP’s full portfolio of physical-security accessories for a robust, three-layer security solution.
7th generation AMD PRO processors aim to deliver the best performance, reliability, and opportunity to handle critical workloads with planned availability in additional new PCs in the near future.
- For information on HP PCs powered by AMD PRO, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/eliteamd
- For information on AMD PRO please visit www.amd.com/pro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google+
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Building on exceptional AMD product dependability, identifying manufacturing variability and sourcing AMD PRO products from wafers with the highest yields ensures fewer defective parts and commercial-grade quality for AMD PRO products
- Testing by AMD Performance labs. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. 3DMark 11 Performance is used to simulate graphics performance, and Cinebench R11.5 1T Performance is used to simulate single threaded CPU performance; the 7th Generation AMD PRO A12-9800 at 65W scored 3521.25 and 1.21 while the AMD PRO A10-8850B at 95W scored 2880 and 1.06 respectively. CPU Performance improvement: 1.21/1.06=1.14X or 14% more, Graphic Performance improvement: 3521.25/2880=1.22X or 22% more, Power Consumption improvement: (95W-65W)/95W=0.32X or 32% less. BRPD-4
7th Generation AMD A12-9800: AMD “Myrtle” reference platform, 7th Generation AMD A12-9800 with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2x4096 DDR4-2400 RAM, 228GB SSD Drive (Non-rotating), Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Graphics driver 220.127.116.11 2016-04-11
PRO A10-8850: ASUS A88X-PRO, PRO A10-8850B with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2x4096 DDR3-2133 RAM, 228GB SSD Drive (Non-rotating), Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Graphics driver 15.301.1201.0 2015-12-22