AMD (NYSE: AMD) today launched the AMD Radeon™ RG2133 Gamer Series Memory and Radeon™ RAMDisk 4.1. AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series Memory is the only memory on the market that offers both XMP and AMP memory profiles in one package, enabling ultimate ease in overclocking on both platforms1,2. AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series Memory will ship with a free AMD Radeon™ RAMDisk 64GB, which features enhanced load-and-save functionality. When paired with an AMD A10 Series APU, AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series Memory will improve frames-per-second (FPS) by up to 22 percent3. Gamer Series Memory is part of AMD’s Unified Gaming Strategy initiative that places AMD technology at the heart of digital gaming and plays a critical role that enables top performance, an outstanding experience and maximum value for PC gamers everywhere.
“AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series Memory is armed with features designed to outperform the competition on any task,” said Roman Kyrychynskyi, product director, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. “Designed with multi-platform compatibility in mind, the AMD Radeon RG2133 brings cutting-edge technology, as well as uncompromising quality and compatibility for PC gamers.
The newly introduced Gamer Series Memory is composed of high quality components that help deliver top memory performance and reliability. With Dataram, AMD’s memory manufacturing partner, AMD is proud to introduce Gamer Series to its product line up as well as the improved performance of AMD Radeon RAMDisk that allows gaming enthusiasts to load their favorite games significantly faster, saving time and eliminating frustrations4.
“AMD and Dataram have worked together to significantly enhance the dynamic background load-and-save feature in order to create a seamless, non-volatile RAMDisk experience,” said Jason Caulkins, CTO, Dataram. “This underscores AMD and Dataram’s continued dedication to delivering the highest-performing memory products for PC enthusiasts.”
Features and Benefits of AMD Radeon™ RG2133 Gamer Series Memory
- Support for XMP and AMP Technology: Designed and tested to ensure compatibility across multiple platforms.
- Suitable for Everyone: Great fit for casual to hardcore gamers and everyone in between.
- Unbeatable Value: Comes with free Radeon RAMDisk 64GB with enhanced load-and-save as well as lifetime manufacturer’s warranty1,4.
- Stay Cool: Features high-grade aluminum heat shield for enhanced heat dissipation.
AMD Radeon RG2133 Gamer Series Memory is available in the USA in early May 2013 through our launch partner, Newegg.com.
- AMD Radeon™ RG2133 Gamer Series Memory Product Page
- Become a fan of AMD Gaming on Facebook
- Follow @AMDRadeon on Twitter
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD’s server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD’s superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
AMD Radeon™ memory is designed and tested to work with AMD platforms and components but may not be supported on all chipsets and processors developed by other manufacturers – check with your component or system manufacturer to ensure AMD Radeon memory is compatible with a specific model or platform.
- Visit www.radeonmemory.com for details on Limited Lifetime Warranty. Warranty provided by memory manufacturers. AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware or software.
- Memory profiles are designed to boost system performance with pre-set memory profiles. AMP profiles are only available on supported AMD platforms and XMP profiles are only available on supported Intel platforms. The motherboard and the DDR3 memory module must be AMP or XMP-enabled in order to download preset profiles. Check with motherboard manufacturer and system memory manufacturer to see if AMP or XMP are enabled.
- Test conducted in AMD Labs to measure RAM speed/performance in FPS using “Bioshock Infinite” at 1080p, low preset. DDR3-2133 AMD Radeon™ RG2133 Gamer Series memory 2x4GB showed performance of 31.2FPS and DDR3-1600 AMD Radeon™ RE1600 Entertainment Series memory 2x4GB showed performance of 25.56FPS. Specifications: F2A85XM-D3H motherboard AMD A10-6800 APU, Driver 13.10 Beta5, OS Windows 8 64-bit. MEM-7
- Test conducted in AMD Labs using a timer to measure save-and-load times for “Bioshock Infinite” using AMD Radeon™ RAMDisk 64GB Version 4.1 versus 4.0. “Bioshock Infinite” loaded in 2 seconds with "Background Update" enabled and saved in 5 secs with "Load in Background" enabled with Version 4.1 versus loaded in 172 secs and saved in 615 secs with Version 4.0. Specifications: Intel i7 930, Asus P6TD motherboard, 24GB DDR3-1866 AMD Radeon™ Performance Series Memory, 4x Western Digital Caviar Black series hard disks in RAID 10 configuration, Windows 7 RTM 64-bit, AMD Radeon RAMDisk 64GB. RMD-24