New Lenovo systems simplify enterprise and business IT complexity through its implementation of AMD PRO APUs
Today at the Canalys Channels Forum, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) debuted the Lenovo ThinkCentre M715 Tiny and ThinkPad E475 and E575, new commercial desktop and notebooks featuring 7th Generation AMD PRO APUs (formerly codenamed “Bristol Ridge PRO”). AMD PRO APUs are built for business, with robust security, reliability, and increased energy efficiency to help protect customers’ IT investments.
“These latest AMD PRO based-systems from Lenovo are optimized for business and deliver increased computing and graphics performance, at levels that meet the highest of customer expectations,” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Group, AMD. “These systems combine commercial-grade quality, performance, and stability, with excellent video and audio capabilities, helping ensure businesses are more productive and collaborative. We are thrilled to partner with Lenovo to bring this technology to companies and enterprises around the world.”
“Businesses today are constantly evolving, demanding better performance, security, manageability, and usability from their computers. This is why Lenovo provides innovation both inside and outside our commercial products and works with partners like AMD, who bring a similar focus on giving users the best experience possible,” said Bai Peng, vice president notebook business, PC & Smart Device Business Group at Lenovo. “The ThinkPad E475 and E575 notebooks and ThinkCentre M715 Tiny, based on the AMD PRO processor portfolio, enables businesses to deliver real-world performance and dependability optimized for business’ needs”
Enabled by 7th generation AMD PRO processors the new Lenovo desktop and notebooks help ensure sensitive data and trusted applications remain secure with dedicated AMD Secure Processor technology. AMD PRO APUs meet users’ growing requirements by providing up to 14% more compute performance, up to 22% more graphic performance, and up to 32% more energy efficiency1, than the previous generation AMD PRO processors. Open standards and CPU-agnostic DASH manageability allows IT departments to easily integrate and manage systems while the new AMD AM4 desktop infrastructure provides a stable and upgradable platform for the future.
New Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktop
Lenovo is breaking new ground with the ThinkCentre M715 Tiny. Despite being only one liter in size, the ThinkCentre M715 Tiny packs a punch. At 94% smaller than a traditional desktop tower2, IT managers can place the tiny M715 almost anywhere with optional under desk, wall, and monitor back mounting options. The 35W 7th generation AMD PRO processors were designed for ultra-small form factor PCs providing superb compute and graphics performance with excellent efficiency. For example, performance of the new AMD PRO A12-9800E is equivalent to the system performance of the prior generation AMD PRO A10-8750, at close to 1/3 of the power3. The ThinkCentre M715 Tiny is a high performance, ultra-compact desktop that can be used almost anywhere.
New Lenovo ThinkPad Notebooks
The new thin and light ThinkPad E475 and E575 provide a superb mix of performance, mobility, and security. Weighing as little as 4.1lbs. (1.87kg) and measuring less than 1 inch (23.7mm) thin the new ThinkPad notebooks offer excellent mobility and excellent battery life for extended productivity. The E475 and E575 offer an outstanding user experience with AMD Radeon™ R5 M430 graphics, enhanced VOIP features, and improved microphones for excellent videoconferencing.
The Lenovo ThinkPad E475 and E575 will be available on November 7th. The ThinkCentre M715 Tiny is available on October 31st4.
- For information on AMD PRO please visit www.amd.com/pro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google+
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Testing by AMD Performance labs. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. 3DMark 11 Performance is used to simulate graphics performance, and Cinebench R11.5 1T Performance is used to simulate single threaded CPU performance; the 7th Generation AMD PRO A12-9800 at 65W scored 3521.25 and 1.21 while the AMD PRO A10-8850B at 95W scored 2880 and 1.06 respectively. CPU Performance improvement: 1.21/1.06=1.14X or 14% more, Graphic Performance improvement: 3521.25/2880=1.22X or 22% more, Power Consumption improvement: (95W-65W)/95W=0.32X or 32% less. BRPD-4
7th Generation AMD A12-9800: AMD “Myrtle” reference platform, 7th Generation AMD A12-9800 with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2x4096 DDR4-2400 RAM, 228GB SSD Drive (Non-rotating), Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Graphics driver 22.214.171.124 2016-04-11
PRO A10-8850: ASUS A88X-PRO, PRO A10-8850B with AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 2x4096 DDR3-2133 RAM, 228GB SSD Drive (Non-rotating), Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Graphics driver 15.301.1201.0 2015-12-22
- The Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 desktop tower measures 6.3x14.96x14.01in (160x380x356mm) compared to the Lenovo ThinkCentre M715 Tiny which measures 1.36x7.20x7.05in (34.5x182.9x179mm), or 94.78% less volume.
- PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. PCMark 8 v2 Home is used to simulate system performance; The 35W “Bristol Ridge” A12-9800E processor scored 4278 while the 95W “Godavari” A10-8850B scored 4216
- On-shelf dates may vary by geography and products or options may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.