Exceptional Processing Performance with Advanced Multimedia and Display Features
- Formerly Codenamed “Brown Falcon”
- 2X “Excavator” x86 cores with 1MB of shared L2 cache
- AMD Radeon™ R6E graphics with up to 4CUs supporting DirectX® 12
- Dual channel 64-bit DDR4 or DDR3 memory with error correction code
- Support for screen resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz.
- Support for up to two display interfaces via HDMI® 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, Embedded DisplayPort 1.4
- 4K x 2K H.265 decode capability and multi format encode and decode o UVD v6 Unified Video Decode Engine – H.265, H.264 decode o VCE v3.1 Video Compression Engine – H.264 encode
- Designed to be compliant with the Heterogeneous System Architecture 1.0 Specification
- AMD Secure Processor
- High performance, integrated Controller Hub supports: o PCIe® Gen 3 1x4, PCIe Gen2/3 4x1 o 2 USB3, 2 USB2 ports o 2 SATA 2.0/3.0 ports
Pin compatibility with the higher performance, AMD Embedded R-Series SoC enabling you to maintain design continuity, streamline development cycles, and scale your designs from lowend to high-end offerings.
High Performance Multi-Media
4K hardware video decode support ensures that AMD Embedded G-Series I Family SoCs provide exceptional multi-media performance for stunning visual experiences.
AMD Embedded G-Series I Family SoCs’ dual display support enables immersive display configurations.
Flexible, High Performance Memory
Dual channel DDR4/DDR3 and ECC support equips AMD Embedded G-Series I Family SoCs to offer high bandwidth memory access and integrity.
AMD Embedded G-Series I Family SoCs integrate two x86 “Excavator” CPU cores with 1MB of shared L2 cache, up to four Radeon™ R6E GPU compute units1, and an I/O controller all integrated on a single die.
AMD Embedded G-Series I Family SoCs offer a configurable TDP (cTDP) range spanning from 12W to 15W to fit a range of thermal design profiles (TDPs).
Explore our technical resources to learn more about the exceptional performance, power efficiency and visual experience of the AMD Embedded G-series platform.
AMD Embedded Developer Site: Reference designs, driver downloads and more (login required)
Resources: White Papers & Case Studies
- Discrete AMD Radeon™ and FirePro™ GPUs based on the Graphics Core Next architecture consist of multiple discrete execution engines known as a Compute Unit (“CU”). Each CU contains 64 shaders (“Stream Processors”) working in unison. ©2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG Corporation in the US and other countries. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and other countries. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies. Add AMD copyright and trademark attribution. PID 168697-A