Processor Family designed to efficiently handle advanced multimedia and computational workloads with high-performance cores
Parallel Compute Capabilities
- GPU for Graphics and Compute capability
- High-performance CPU with multicore
Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA)
- Allows cross-vendor enablement to take advantage of different compute devices on a device
- Hardware video compression and decompression engines for efficient use of processing engines
- Drive up to 4 displays simultaneously or as a single large display
AMD Embedded R-Series SoC
The AMD Embedded R-Series SoC (formerly codenamed “Merlin Falcon”) delivers astonishing graphics and HD multimedia processing performance – with true 4K decode and encode – via a sophisticated SoC architecture that integrates up to four of AMD’s latest high-performance “Excavator” x86 CPU cores with the latest AMD Radeon™ graphics and an I/O controller all on a single die.
2nd Gen AMD Embedded R-Series APU
The 2nd Generation AMD Embedded R-Series APU (formerly codenamed “Bald Eagle”) boosts processing performance, power efficiency, and multimedia immersion by leveraging Heterogeneous System Architecture.
The low-cost, power-efficient design of the AMD R-series platform suits a wide range of applications. Find out why AMD R-series processors are a good fit for your industry.
Embedded Board Partner Catalog
Compare up to five products, powered by AMD embedded processors, available from our technology partners.
Contact Embedded Sales
Need further help? Fill out our online form to be contacted by the AMD Embedded Sales Team.
Embedded Resources & Support
Visit the Resources page to find out more about the different AMD processors available, software compatibility, case studies, white papers and much more.
Explore our technical resources to learn more about the exceptional performance, power efficiency and visual experience of the AMD Embedded R-series platform.
Resources: White Papers & Case Studies
1st Generation AMD Embedded R-Series APU
The AMD Embedded R-Series APU delivers high-performance processing coupled with a premium high definition visual experience in a solution that is power efficient. It enables unprecedented integrated graphics and multi-display capabilities in compact, low power embedded applications.
- Radeon Eyefinity technology works with applications that support no n-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 4 displays using a single enabled AMD R-series APU or up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems – the number and type of displays may vary by board design. Some implementations may require DisplayPort 1.2 multi-streaming technologies with compatible monitors and/or hubs. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.