Experience Brilliant HD gaming with Radeon™ RX 470 Series graphics built on the efficient "Polaris" architecture.
Radical performance with the latest future proof1 technologies to bring affordable AAA HD gaming to the majority of gamers. Now VR ready for Oculus Rift, enabling you to step into the new world of immersive VR.2
Optimized for the Current Generation of APIs
Amazing experiences in both DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™ makes the Radeon™ RX 470 GPU ready for the next wave of AAA titles
Incredible Performance in All Sizes.
Get amazing gaming performance both from your desktop or gaming notebook.
1.3 HBR3 Ready
1.4 HDR Ready
Larger Colour Spaces
Higher Contrast Ratios
Higher Peak Luminance
Synchronous Panel Refresh
Elimination of Video Tearing
350+ Certified Monitors Available Now
Radeon™ RX 470
- Statement of “future-proof” refers to support of current and upcoming technology standards including 14nm FinFET process technology, DirectX®12 and Vulkan™ API support, new I/O technology including DDR4, USB 2.1 Gen 2, and NVMe, and experiences such as VR. “Future-proof” statement is not meant to serve as a warranty or indicate that users will never have to upgrade their graphics technology again. Support of current and upcoming technology standards described above has the potential to reduce frequency of CPU upgrades for some users.
- As of November 10, 2016, VR readiness of the Radeon RX 470 GPU is based on the Oculus Rift minimum specification for graphics cards. See https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/rift/
- Discrete AMD Radeon™ and FirePro™ GPUs based on the Graphics Core Next architecture consist of multiple discrete execution engines known as a Compute Unit (“CU”). Each CU contains 64 shaders (“Stream Processors”) working together.
- Testing by AMD Performance Labs July 14, 2016 on the AMD Radeon™ RX 470 and Radeon ™ R7 370 on a test system comprising an Intel Core i7 5960X (3.0GHz) CPU, 16GB (DDR4-2666 MHz) memory and Windows 10. RX 470 driver used: 16.30-160628a-304042E. R7 370 driver used: 16.15.2211. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. The following games were run on the following settings: Project Cars 1080p (Ultra Quality, DS2X, 16xAF), Hitman 1080p (Max settings 16xAF), Overwatch 1080p (Epic presets). The RX 470 scored: 64.81 fps, 64.20 fps, and 90.16 fps respectively. The R7 370 scored: 33.271 fps, 31 fps, and 43.1 fps respectively. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. Test results are not average and may vary.
- Testing done by AMD performance labs November 3rd 2016 on a test system comprising of an Intel Core i7 5960X CPU (@3.0 GHz), 16GB (DDR4-2666 MHz) memory, Crimson Driver 16.10.2 and Windows 10. The game Battlefield 1 was run at 1080p with ultra presets using the DX12 API. The ASUS STRIX RX 470 (4GB) and the Radeon™ R9 370 (4GB) scored 79.8 and 37.8 respectively. All scores are in average FPS. Scores based on a 3-run score average. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers.
- As of September 2016, certified for DisplayPort™ 1.4 HBR3 and ready for DisplayPort™ 1.4 HDR based on independent verification by DisplayPort™ testing authority. HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, monitor/TV, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support.
- HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, monitor/TV, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support.
- AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software.
Battlefield 1 images and logos © 2016 Electronic Arts Inc. Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Frostbite, the DICE logo, Visceral Games and the Visceral logo are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. EA, the EA logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc.
DOOM® images and logos © 2016 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. DOOM and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of id Software LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ images and logos © 2016 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Square Enix and Eidos are trademarks of the Square Enix Group.
Hitman images and logos ©2016 Io-Interactive A/S. All rights reserved. IO-INTERACTIVE and the IO logo are trademarks of Io-Interactive A/S. HITMAN and the HITMAN logo are trademarks of Square Enix Limited. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co. Holdings Ltd.
Overwatch Images and Logos © 2016 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Overwatch is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Warhammer images and logos © Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2016. Warhammer, the Warhammer logo, GW, Games Workshop, The Game of Fantasy Battles, the twin-tailed comet logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under license. Developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War and the Total War logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and other countries.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of noninfringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale. GD-18
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.