This article provides instructions on how to install Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition on a Windows® based system. The content of this article is organized into the following sections:
There are two options to locate and download the latest version of the Radeon Software:
- Run the AMD Installer to detect your AMD Radeon™ graphics card and Windows® operating system. If your graphics card and operating system is compatible with Radeon Software, the AMD Installer will provide the option to download it. AMD Installer can be downloaded from the Drivers + Download Center.
- Manually select and download a version of the Radeon Software that is compatible with your AMD graphics product from the Drivers + Download Center.
For information about the system requirements please refer to the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition release notes. Release notes are posted on the driver download page. System requirements may vary depending on the version of Windows® Operating System installed.
Note: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is only supported on Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
- Ensure that any existing AMD graphics driver on the system is removed before installing a new driver. For instructions on how to uninstall AMD graphics drivers please refer to KB article: How To Uninstall Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition from a Windows Based System
- Close all opened applications including anti-virus, firewall, remote-access, or webcam software before attempting the install process.
- If you have downloaded and launched the AMD Installer, it should start by automatically detecting your AMD graphics product.
- After successful detection, the options for an Express or Custom Install will be made available.
- Express Install should install all core components in the default folder location, C:\Program Files\AMD\
- Custom Install provides the option to select individual components and the folder for installation
Note: It is recommended to use the default destination folder for installation.
- The software and driver installation will begin after clicking on Express Install or Install.
- Once the driver installation is complete, an option to install AMD ReLive will be available. For more information about installing AMD ReLive please refer to KB: How To Install Radeon ReLive
- Once Radeon Software has been successfully installed, choose Restart Now.
Note: A system restart is required to complete the installation process.