Last Updated: March 20, 2018
This article provides information on the latest version of the Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux®.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux is designed to protect your graphics investment while reducing your risk. The Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition aims to maximize uptime and throughput with leading quality and performance, while minimizing security threats and simplifying implementation for your business.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linuxcan be downloaded from the following links*:
Installing Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux
For detailed instructions on how to install or uninstall Radeon™ Pro Software for Linux, please refer to the following KB article:
To use the Vulkan® driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK version 126.96.36.199 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1for Linux Highlights
- Enables Vulkan® 1.1 support
- Closed source driver conformant with the Vulkan 1.1 Specification
- Delivers amdgpu-pro and amdgpu-all-open stacks using the same packaging infrastructure.
- Large Page Support is enabled by default.
- Fixed issues with OpenCL™ on CentOS 6.9 and "Vega"-based hardware.
- Corruption is observed while resizing terminal window in Ubuntu® 16.04.3 – this is a kernel issue and is expected to be fixed with Ubuntu® 16.04.4.
- Application errors may occur while performing StoryboardGraphics on ANSYS® Workbench™ 18.1.
- Minor corruption may be seen in viewport when resizing in Autodesk® Mudbox™.
- Minor corruption may be seen in viewport upon mouse hovering in Dassault Systèmes® Abaqus™.
- Minor corruption may be seen while moving cursor over sample MSC SimXpert on RHEL 6.9 operating system.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
|AMD Radeon™ and FirePro™ Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ Pro WX series||
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
|Radeon™ Pro series||
Radeon™ Pro SSG
|AMD FirePro™ W series||
AMD FirePro™ W9100
|AMD FirePro™ S series||
AMD FirePro™ S7150x2
Packaged Driver Version
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux installation package contains the following:
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver and AMDGPU All-Open (base driver 17.50)
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux is designed to support the following APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- OpenCL™ 1.2
- Vulkan® 1.1
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q1.1 for Linux is designed to support the following Linux platforms:
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.4 (64-bit version)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.4 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu® 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
See below for details:
|Desktop Workstation Graphics|
|RHEL/CentOS 7.4||RHEL/CentOS 6.9||
|Radeon™ Pro WX series||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓||☓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||✓||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ S series||✓||✓||✓|
Base Feature Support
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- AMD FreeSync™ support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon™ Pro, Radeon™ ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.