Last Updated: April 5, 2019
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender plug-in for Autodesk® 3ds Max® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their models. With this tool, users can render and then perform a host of post image processes.
Note: If you updated to Microsoft Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update, verify that OpenCL™ support is enabled on your graphics card.
The latest Radeon ProRender for Autodesk 3ds Max plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Material Library for Radeon ProRender
The Material Library for Radeon ProRender has been updated with new materials which also now uses Uber Shader as a basis. The shared Material Library (Blender, 3ds Max, and Maya) for Windows and macOS® is now separated from the Radeon ProRender plug-in installers However, the material updates have been made for all operating systems.
It should also be noted that the files for the Material Library are to be updated independently of the plug-in installers.
The latest Windows Material Library for the Radeon ProRender plug-ins can be downloaded from the following link:
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.5 Highlights
- AI-Accelerated Denoiser provides an extra denoiser based on machine learning technology.
- Adaptive Sampling allows the renderer to focus samples on areas of the render that are higher in noise, while ending early in areas without noise. This allows the artist to raise max samples and get less noise without raising render times as much.
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 support.
- An updated V-Ray conversion script is available.
- Animations of frames can be exported in the RPR format. RPR exports of animations will cache static textures etc. to minimize export size.
- Uber shader may look different but will be more physically correct.
- Fixed issue with camera inside a refractive/sss/volume object.
- Fixed issue with anisotropy in Uber producing a checker pattern.
- Fix for textures with .jpeg extension (.jpg worked fine).
- Fixed an issue of adaptive subdivision with displacement map spinning the CPU at 100% before render starts.
- Fix light motion blur on CPU.
- Mesh export time is improved.
- Fix refraction + volume on CPU.
- Fix CPU crash for using "Opacity" AOV with volume objects.
- Fixed a few errors with render elements (AOVs).
- Export progress displays for both active shade and production render.
- Hardware device settings are saved in preferences, not per scene anymore.
- Better Error reporting on errors.
- A bug where ProRender could crash on the second render after cancelling another render is fixed.
- Tone mapping for active shade is the same as production renders.
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.5 is compatible with the following applications:
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2020
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2019
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2018
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.5 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
Radeon ProRender for 3ds Max v2.5 is compatible with the following graphics products:
Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft Windows 7
|Radeon™ WX series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”)||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W Series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”)||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ R9 series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ RX series||✓||✓|
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
© 2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.