See More and Do More With AMD Eyefinity Technology
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics feature AMD Eyefinity, a unique multidisplay technology which enables one graphics card to output high-quality visuals on three, four and even six displays from a single workstation or PC.1 This reduces overall system complexity and allows multiple graphics cards to be combined and synchronized to create massive display walls with tens and even hundreds of screens.
AMD Eyefinity multidisplay technology can help to:
- Improve productivity
- Accelerate time-to-insight
- Deliver greater impact of your visual communications
Supporting Display Technologies
DisplayPort 1.2 for ultrahigh-definition (UHD)/4K displays
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards continually lead the industry with advanced new display output technologies. DisplayPort 1.2 enhanced our multidisplay leadership at AMD with multistreaming transport (MST). With the more recent launch of 4K displays, our support of DisplayPort 1.2 and MST is being leveraged even further.
4K displays, like the Sharp PN-K321 UltraHD LCD monitor with DisplayPort 1.2, use multistreaming transport to support the high bandwidth necessary to drive 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K UltraHD), with 10-bit per pixel color depth, refreshing the screen at a 60Hz frequency. The AMD FirePro card sends two display streams over to the monitor through one DisplayPort cable. Both streams have a resolution of 1920 x 2160 pixels with AMD Eyefinity technology used to combine the two streams into one massive 3840 x 2160 display surface.
HD3D active stereo technology for professionals
Stereo 3-D is a technique highly valued in a number of professional use cases, where the additional information conveyed by stereo viewing enhances productivity and enables capabilities that are not possible otherwise.
- Computer-aided design: many CAD workflows can benefit from enhanced depth perception afforded by stereo 3-D. In particular cable and/or pipe routing (in buildings, aircraft, etc.), object depth is a critical cue for the workflow.
- Digital content creation: clearly the highest profile area for stereo 3-D at the moment is the explosion of stereo 3-D content created for movie theaters and increasingly home consumption. This leads to a need for stereo 3-D capability throughout the production and post-production pipelines.
- Data visualization: the visualization of abstract or real-world data can often benefit from stereo 3-D. Examples span from visualization of financial data to geospatial data (oil and gas exploration, national intelligence analysis).
- Virtual reality: environments for providing immersive training programs gain a significant step up in realism by providing extra information via stereo 3-D.
- Molecular engineering: the visualization and comprehension by molecular scientists, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry, of complex molecules is critical to enhancing the productivity of workers in this field.
Display devices with a greater bit depth than the conventional 8-bit per color channel are rapidly gaining popularity in application areas such as medical imaging, professional photography, graphics design, movie production and entertainment in general. What makes these devices attractive to a wide array of fields is their ability to represent colors with a greater fidelity than is possible with conventional display devices. This means what we see in the real world more accurately matches what we see on the screen, ensuring that design and diagnosis errors due to monitor limitations are minimized.
Display Output Post-Processing (DOPP)
Display Output Post-Processing (DOPP) is an AMD OpenGL extension that lets users of AMD FirePro™ workstation cards grab the desktop directly as a texture and manipulate it in an almost infinite number of ways before it is output to a display.
Connecting to third-party SDI I/O devices with DirectGMA
With the increasing prevalence of GPU-based video processing in professional video domains, it is increasingly critical that low-latency (real-time), high-throughput links be established between the various components of video processing systems. This is particularly true for the GPU itself and the interface boards providing video input and output capability from those systems.
Superior visual experience for demanding workstation applications
AMD Eyefinity technology gives you more visual real estate to view large scale models and multiple applications at the same time in a single, large work space.
- Operate three, four and even six high-resolution displays simultaneously
- Independently and flexibly configure various combinations of landscape and portrait orientations
- Group multiple monitors into a large integrated display surface, enabling windowed and full-screen 3-D applications, images and video to span across multiple displays as one desktop workspace
- Multiple display outputs enable multiple 3-D displays with independent display resolution, refresh rate and display rotation settings
Recommended AMD Eyefinity multidisplay configurations for single-user workstations:
Workgroup productivity with AMD Eyefinity
AMD Eyefinity technology helps you and your team to drive results faster.
- It allows you and others on your team to physically and simultaneously display and view multiple documents or applications for efficient discussion and collaboration.
- Multitasking is easy since you no longer need to flip documents and applications back and forth between windows. It helps improve accuracy and speed your workflow.
Recommended AMD Eyefinity multidisplay configurations for workgroups
Large-scale Display Walls
Building large-scale display walls with AMD Eyefinity technology
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics with AMD Eyefinity is ideal for multidisplay configurations requiring the highest visual quality and best multimedia performance. Advanced 2-D and 3-D visuals, high display densities and dedicated display wall features coupled with a long life cycle make AMD FirePro a compelling choice for large-scale display wall solutions.