AMD Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images in in Blender™.
Fast, easy, and incredible, Radeon™ ProRender is available as a plug-in for Blender™ and can be used to render anything – product designs, architectural visualizations, visuals effects, and more.
Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into Blender™ 2.78 and higher for Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®, meaning you can use its existing lights, materials, and textures, and it renders your geometry accurately. Radeon™ ProRender also comes with a library of materials to get you started.
Get the AMD Radeon™ ProRender plug-in and user guide for Blender™
It’s physically accurate and lightning fast. It has viewport integration, so you can see your changes as you go
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™ is hardware agnostic. If your computer can run OpenCL™ 1.2 or Apple® Metal® 2, it can run Radeon™ ProRender on your CPU or GPU
Whatever your chosen workflow, AMD Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into Blender™ 2.78 and higher for Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®, letting you select which native components to use
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™ comes with panoramic and stereoscopic VR camera views. In addition, other Blender™ cameras are supported too
Environment and Sky
AMD Radeon™ ProRender has its own environment setup, letting you work in IBL or Sky mode, together with emissive light setups and lights from HDRI environments
AMD Radeon™ ProRender comes with its own material library optimized for use with our renderer, providing an easy starting and reference point for your own shaders
Removes noise from an image while preserving detail, cutting render times. AMD Radeon™ ProRender supports both final render and interactive rendering denoising
Now for macOS®
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™ supports Windows®, macOS®, and Ubuntu® Linux®
Current features of the AMD Radeon™ ProRender plug-in for Blender™ 1.7 for Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®
- *NEW* Metal® Performance Shaders accelerated ray tracing support on macOS®.
- Supports Volumetrics, allowing artists to render advanced effects like smoke, fog, and clouds to create even more realistic images.
- Improved subdivision of surfaces with Adaptive Subdivision speeds up workflows.
- Denoising support for both final and interactive rendering.
- Simplified sampling -- all rendering samples are used for anti-aliasing.
- Native tone mapping and exposure controls.
- Depth map rendering capability, allowing the processing of depth of field manually.
- Viewport integration means you can work with Radeon™ ProRender in real-time and see your changes as you make them.
- Assign local resources to your GPU or CPU.
- Built on OpenCL™ or Metal® 2, it’s hardware agnostic, so it runs on virtually any hardware, including virtually any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
- Near linear rendering performance scaling when adding additional GPUs.
- Render modes support global illumination, direct illumination (with/without shadow), wireframe, diffuse albedo, position, normal, texture coordinates, ambient occlusion.
- AOVs for post processing including support for world coordinates, UVs, material index, geometric normals, shading normal, reflections, and diffuse lighting.
- Control over frame completion and rendering -- pause, set render pass limits and duration.
- Batch/background and region rendering support.
- Displacement and Renderstamp support.
- Animation support.
- *NEW* Updated Uber Shader with more realistic defaults, enhanced subsurface scattering, diffuse backscattering, a simplified caustics option, and an improved clearcoat appearance.
- *NEW* Ambient Occlusion node for enhanced procedural texture workflows.
- Texture color space controls have been added -- set the color space to either sRGB or linear.
- PBR shader material that closely matches Unreal® Engine’s PBR materials.
- Shadow Catcher material for compositing objects to IBL (Image-Based Lighting) environments or backplate images.
- Supports X-Rite’s Appearance Exchange Format (AxF™). Learn more here.
- Physically correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination – including caustics.
- Includes a library of high-quality materials, including an uber shader for those who prefer this approach.
- Import Radeon™ ProRender Materials, including those from Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Maya®.
- Materials are simple to use and editable, with interactive preview of materials via the Blender™ editor.
- UV generation and basic transform info for maps, which include scaling, offset, and rotations.
- Change textures and apply tiling/scaling while rendering in a Blender™ viewport.
- Fully procedural bump/normal maps and displacement.
- Light Shader that creates more realistic lighting, including area light shapes, color temperature, and texture maps.
- IES lights support lets you use the exact scattering and fall-offs of real-world lighting.
- Includes photometric lighting – supports IBL environments and a sun/sky system with time of day and location setting, control of sun/sky atmospherics, soft shadows, sky albedo and turbidity.
- Emissive materials to allow any geometry emit light.
- Supports HDRI environment mapping and lighting.
- Supports Blender™ lights and tone mapping.
- Portal light and caustic shadow support.
- Manage/select different cameras which are rendered in interactive mode via viewports.
- Depth of field (DOF) and object/camera motion blur support.
- Virtual Reality (VR) camera support.
- Supports Blender™ camera presets.
- *NEW* Large scene export optimization.
- Supports Blender™ 2.78 and higher (experimental builds not supported) on Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®.
- glTF (GL Transmission Format) support for easy export of assets to other applications while preserving materials.
- Integrates into existing Blender™ workflows.
- Batch/background rendering.
- Blender™ 2.78 and up (experimental builds not supported) for Microsoft Windows®, macOS® or Linux®
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ RX series graphics cards, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, and Radeon™ R9 series graphics cards)
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series graphics cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics, and AMD FirePro™ W series graphics cards)
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (non-AMD GPU)
- macOS® High Sierra 10.13.3 and up (10.13.4 required for external GPU support)
- Linux® distributions: Ubuntu® 16.04.3 and 18.04.0
- Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 support required for GPUs on Windows® and Linux®. Metal® 2 support required for GPUs on macOS®
- AMD graphics cards are recommended for Windows® and Linux®, required for macOS®
- For non-AMD OpenCL™ 1.2 cards, Windows® 10 is required
- Recommended Windows® and Linux® Graphics Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, AMD FirePro™ W9100, W8100, W7100, and S series cards
- Compatible Windows® and Linux® Graphics Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, Radeon™ RX series cards, Radeon™ R9 Fury series cards, Radeon™ R9 Nano graphics, Radeon™ R9 300 series cards, Radeon™ R9 290X graphics, Radeon™ R9 290 graphics, Radeon™ R9 285 graphics, Radeon™ R9 280X graphics, Radeon™ R9 280 graphics
- Compatible Apple® Mac® Hardware:
MacBook® (Early 2015 or newer), MacBook Pro® (Mid 2012 or newer), MacBook Air® (Mid 2012 or newer), Mac mini® (Late 2012 or newer), iMac® (Late 2012 or newer), iMac Pro™ (Late 2017 or newer), Mac Pro® (Late 2013) (Models without discrete AMD Radeon™, Radeon™ Pro, or AMD FirePro™ graphics will be limited to CPU rendering with Radeon™ ProRender)
- Compatible Apple® Mac® External Graphics (eGPU) Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ RX 570 graphics, Radeon™ RX 580 graphics, Radeon™ Vega 56 graphics, Radeon™ Vega 64 graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition (Air-Cooled) graphics, Radeon™ Pro WX 7100 graphics, Radeon™ Pro WX 9100 graphics (Requires macOS® High Sierra 10.13.4 and compatible eGPU Thunderbolt™ 3 chassis)
DISCLAIMERS AND ATTRIBUTIONS
Wine Cellar header image by The Pixelary created using AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™.
Classroom Blender™ scene created by Christophe Seux, licensed and adapted with AMD Radeon™ ProRender materials and lights.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Apple, iMac, Mac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, macOS, and Metal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iMac Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos Group Inc. Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.