Rendering for Everyone
Fast and Easy Implementation
Thinking about adding physically-based rendering to your application’s workflow? AMD Radeon™ ProRender delivers stunningly photorealistic images and now supports real-time viewport ray tracing, enabling fast render times and high frame rates for photorealistic assets. It is built on industry-standard OpenCL™ and Apple® Metal® 2 software technology, making it hardware agnostic so it runs on virtually any OS and virtually any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
The Radeon™ ProRender Software Developer Kit (SDK) is available as part of the AMD Radeon™ ProRender Developer Suite that also includes SDK’s for AMD Radeon™ Rays, a GPU-accelerated ray tracing library, and the AMD Radeon™ Image Filter Library, which includes AI-accelerated filters for denoising. In addition, the Radeon™ ProRender roadmap is shared with developer partners so they can plan ahead, and engineering support may also be available for those who need it.1
Download the Radeon™ ProRender Developer Suite Non-Commercial SDKs for prototyping integration into your application
Contact us via information provided in the SDK documentation and sign a Radeon™ ProRender Commercial Software Licensing Agreement (SLA)
Develop your application with Radeon™ ProRender integration
Launch your application with Radeon™ ProRender integration
AMD Radeon™ ProRender SDK
Fast. Easy. Incredible.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based path traced rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images.
- Uses open standards and supports OpenCL™ or Apple® Metal®
- Supports both AMD GPUs and CPUs as well as those of other vendors
- Works across Windows®, Linux®, and macOS®
AMD Radeon™ Rays SDK
High Performance Ray Tracing
Radeon™ Rays (formerly AMD FireRays) is a high-efficiency, high-performance ray intersection acceleration library that supports a range of use cases, including interactive light baking for game development workflows and real-time indirect sound simulation.
- Two SDK versions available with support for OpenCL™ and Vulkan®
- Radeon™ Rays 2.0 Supports both AMD GPUs and CPUs as well as those of other vendors using OpenCL™
- Works across Windows® and Linux®
*NEW* Vulkan®-based Radeon Rays 3.0 available now
- Radeon™ Rays 3.0 Supports both AMD GPUs and CPUs as well as those of other vendors using Vulkan®
- Features include GPU-accelerated Bounding Volume Hierarchy (BVH) and half-precision (FP16) computation support
- Works across Windows® and Linux®
AMD Radeon™ Image Filter Library
AI-accelerated Image Enhancement
Harness the power of machine learning to enhance images with denoising, enabling your application to produce high quality images in a fraction the time traditional denoising filters take.
- Uses AMD’s MIOpen machine learning library (Microsoft® DirectML support coming soon) for AI-accelerated denoising
- Also includes standard GPU-accelerated filters for rotation, blurring, resampling, tone mapping, color changes, denoising, anti-aliasing, and edge detection (the standard filters are not AI-accelerated)
- Supports both AMD GPUs and CPUs as well as those of other vendors using OpenCL™ for AI-accelerated denoising and standard GPU-accelerated filters
- Supports Apple® Metal® for standard GPU-accelerated filters only
- Works across Windows®, Linux®, and macOS® (for standard GPU-accelerated filters only)
Pixar USD Hydra Render Delegate
Transforming Content Creation Pipelines
Pixar’s open-source Universal Scene Description (USD) seeks to transform content creation pipelines and part of the USD toolset is the USDView interactive viewport designed to preview complex scenes.
For developers looking to integrate this modern viewport into their application, AMD has released the code for an open-source Radeon™ ProRender USD Hydra render delegate plug-in on GitHub that adds path-traced rendering designed for more accurate previews when compared to the default OpenGL® renderer.
AMD Radeon™ ProRender Roadmap for Developers²
New This Quarter
Real-Time Viewport Ray Tracing
Metal Performance Shader Support
New Uber Shader Based Material Library
Per-Light Arbitrary Output Variable (AOVs)
Out-of-Core Texture Cache
Procedural UV Mapping Node
Uber Shader Sheen Settings
Coming Next Quarter
Machine Learning Denoising
Improved and Faster Uber Shaders
Cloud Rendering Solution
CPU + GPU Enhancements
Deformation Motion Blur
ONGOING IMPROVEMENTS ON WINDOWS®, MACOS®, & LINUX®:
New Open Standards Support, Implementing Developer Feedback, and Performance Improvements
Enabling developers with open development tools and software.
- Scalable AMD Radeon™ ProRender engineering support models available subject to terms and conditions. For more information contact your AMD representative.
- AMD Radeon™ ProRender roadmap subject to change without prior notice
DISCLAIMERS AND ATTRIBUTIONS
©2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Metal and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos Group Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.