Real-time rendering engines are revolutionizing professional workflows — designers and engineers can now go beyond static visualizations of their creations and interact with their designs in virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR), accelerating design decisions.
One of the biggest challenges though for designers is easily importing their work from their CAD software into real-time engines with as few steps as possible. The AMD Radeon™ ProRender Game Engine Importer helps solve this by letting you to easily import your geometry, materials, and lighting from CAD software into real-time engines and view them in VR.
The Radeon™ ProRender Game Engine Importer is available as a plug-in for Unreal® Engine and imports objects and scenes from Dassault Systèmes® SOLIDWORKS® using the Radeon™ ProRender add-in for SOLIDWORKS®.
Learn more about the add-in that integrates AMD Radeon™ ProRender into SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and higher for Windows®
Single Click Import
With a single click from the Unreal® editor, an object and scene rendered with the AMD Radeon™ ProRender add-in for SOLIDWORKS® can be imported into an Unreal® Engine scene for inclusion in the creation of virtually any kind of interactive visualization experience
Automatically translates the physically-correct AMD Radeon™ ProRender materials as assigned in the original SOLIDWORKS® design phase into Unreal® shaders, saving time-consuming step of having to reassign materials to every part of the object
VR and AR Visualization
Visualize and interact with your designs in VR and AR when using an Unreal® Engine compatible VR headset and a VR-capable graphics card such as an AMD Radeon™ VR Ready Creator 1 or Radeon™ VR Ready Premium 2 product
Additional features of the AMD Radeon™ ProRender Game Engine Importer plug-in for Unreal® Engine v1.05
- Maintain the part and assembly hierarchy from the SOLIDWORKS® model or combine every part of an imported object into a single Unreal® actor.
- Automatically generate an Unreal® Blueprint for an imported object, making it quick and easy to assign physics properties, add Interfaces, scale, transform and rotate, or modify other object definitions.
- Convert AMD Radeon™ ProRender lighting into Unreal® Engine lighting or ignore the Radeon™ ProRender lighting to default to the lighting in the Unreal® Engine scene.
- Unreal® Engine 4.17
- AMD Radeon™ ProRender add-in for SOLIDWORKS®
- SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and up for Microsoft Windows®
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ RX series, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, and R9 series)
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG cards, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) cards, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, and AMD FirePro™ W series cards)
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (non-AMD GPU)
- Unreal® Engine compatible VR headset
- VR-capable graphics card for VR visualization
- AMD Radeon™ ProRender runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 required for GPUs
- AMD graphics cards are recommended
- For non-AMD OpenCL™ 1.2 cards, Windows® 10 is required
- Recommended AMD Radeon™ ProRender and Radeon VR Ready Creator 1 Graphics Hardware:
- AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100 graphics, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, and AMD FirePro™ W9100 graphics
- Compatible AMD Radeon™ ProRender and Radeon VR Ready Premium 2 Graphics Hardware:
- AMD Radeon™ RX Vega graphics, Radeon™ RX 580 graphics, Radeon™ RX 480 graphics, Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics, Radeon™ R9 Fury graphics, Radeon™ R9 Nano graphics, Radeon™ R9 390X graphics, Radeon™ R9 390 graphics, Radeon™ R9 290X graphics, Radeon™ R9 290 graphics
- AMD Radeon™ VR Ready Creator Products are select Radeon™ Pro and AMD FirePro™ GPUs that meet or exceed the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive recommended specifications for video cards/GPUs. Other hardware (including CPU) and system requirements recommended by Oculus Rift or HTC Vive should also be met in order to operate the applicable HMDs as intended. As VR technology, HMDs and other VR hardware and software evolve and/or become available, these criteria may change without notice. PC/System manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different VR results/performance. Check with your PC or system manufacturer to confirm VR capabilities. GD-101
- AMD Radeon™ VR Ready Premium Products are select Radeon™ GPUs that meet or exceed the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive recommended specifications for video cards/GPUs. Other hardware (including CPU) and system requirements recommended by Oculus Rift or HTC Vive should also be met in order to operate the applicable HMDs as intended. As VR technology, HMDs and other VR hardware and software evolve and/or become available, these criteria may change without notice.
DISCLAIMERS AND ATTRIBUTIONS
Palatov D2 design is property of Palatov Motorsport LLC, used with permission.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos Group Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.