AMD SenseMI Technology. Technology that thinks.
AMD's SenseMI technology is a set of learning and adapting features that help the AMD Ryzen™ processor customize its performance to you and your applications, thanks to true machine intelligence (MI). Finally: performance that thinks.‡
|RYZEN™ DESKTOP PROCESSORS||2ND GEN RYZEN™ DESKTOP PROCESSORS||RYZEN™ DESKTOP PROCESSORS WITH RADEON™ VEGA GRAPHICS||RYZEN™ MOBILE PROCESSORS WITH RADEON™ VEGA GRAPHICS|
|Extended Frequency Range (XFR)||Yes||Yes (XFR 2)||Yes (XFR 2)||Yes (Mobile XFR)4|
|Precision Boost||Yes||Yes (Precision Boost 2)||Yes (Precision Boost 2)||Yes (Precision Boost 2)|
|Neural Net Prediction||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Extended Frequency Range 2 (XFR 2)
Many enthusiasts choose premium cooling in their PCs, and 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors can automatically reward that choice with XFR 2. For example: All 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ processors can take advantage of the lower temperatures offered by premium cooling to enable higher multicore performance.1
Extended Frequency Range (XFR)
Automatic extra performance boost for enthusiasts' systems with premium processor cooling.2,3
- Permits CPU speeds above and beyond ordinary Precision Boost limits
- Clock speed scales with cooling performance
- Fully automated; no user input required
Mobile Extended Frequency Range (mXFR)
Enabling greater processor performance with a premium notebook chassis.3
- Higher processor clock speeds offer more performance to the user.
- A premium notebook cooling solution can comfortably and quietly handle these higher energy requirements.3 mXFR allows AMD Ryzen™ mobile processors to offer faster performance in laptop systems.3
Fine-tuned processor performance adjusted in real time to meet the performance demands of your game or app.
- Adjusts clock speeds in 25MHz increments to optimize performance
- Clock speed changes can occur without pausing work
Precision Boost 2
Gracefully raises processor frequencies for snappier performance on any number of CPU cores.
- The AMD Ryzen™ processor monitors its own energy consumption and temperature.
- When the processor knows it's running cool and quiet, it can raise clock speeds in precise 25MHz steps for any application
Neural Net Prediction
A true artificial intelligence inside every AMD Ryzen™ processor employs an artificial neural network to understand your applications and anticipate the next steps of your workflow in real time. These “powers of prediction” can boost performance by steering your apps and games down the most efficient paths inside the processor.
A sophisticated grid of smart sensors that monitors CPU temperature, resource usage and power draw brings cool and quiet operation to your AMD Ryzen™ processor with intelligent power optimization circuits, plus the low power requirements of an advanced 14nm FinFET manufacturing technology.
Sophisticated learning algorithms understand the inner workings of your applications and anticipate what data they might need. Smart Prefetch predictively brings that data into the AMD Ryzen™ processor for fast and responsive computing.
‡AMD SenseMI technology is built into all Ryzen™ processors, but specific features and their enablement may vary by product and platform. For specific capabilities of different processor models, visit www.amd.com/ryzenspecs. If your system is pre-built, contact your manufacturer for additional information
- AMD defines premium processor cooling as a combination of ambient temperature and thermal solution that results in processor temperatures below 60 degrees Celsius while the CPU is processing the system workload. GD-118
- AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software
- mXFR enablement must meet AMD requirements. Not enabled on all notebook designs. Check with manufacturer to confirm “amplified mXFR performance” support. GD-125