AMD SenseMI Technology. Technology that thinks.
AMD introduces SenseMI technology, a set of learning and adapting features that help the AMD Ryzen™ processor customize its performance to you and your applications. Finally: performance that thinks.
A sophisticated grid of smart sensors that monitors CPU temperature, resource usage and power draw brings cool and quiet operation to your AMD Ryzen™ processor with intelligent power optimization circuits, plus the low power requirements of an advanced 14nm FinFET manufacturing technology.
Fine-tuned processor performance adjusted in real time to meet the performance demands of your game or app.
- Adjusts clockspeeds in 25MHz increments to optimize performance
- Clockspeed changes can occur without pausing work
Precision Boost 2
Gracefully raises processor frequencies for snappier performance on any number of CPU cores.
- The AMD Ryzen™ processor with Radeon Graphics monitors its own energy consumption and temperature.
- When the processor knows it's running cool and quiet, it can raise clock speeds in precise 25MHz steps for any application
Neural Net Prediction
A true artificial intelligence inside every AMD Ryzen™ processor employs an artificial neural network to understand your applications and anticipate the next steps of your workflow in real time. These “powers of prediction” can boost performance by steering your apps and games down the most efficient paths inside the processor.
Extended Frequency Range (XFR)
Automatic extra performance boost for enthusiasts with premium systems and processor cooling.2,3
- Permits CPU speeds above and beyond ordinary Precision Boost limits
- Clockspeed scales with cooling solution: air, water, and LN2
- Fully automated; no user input required
- Available on select AMD Ryzen™ processors
Mobile Extended Frequency Range (mXFR)
Greater processor performance with a premium notebook chassis.3
- Higher processor clock speeds offer more performance to the user.
- A premium notebook cooling solution can comfortably and quietly handle these higher energy requirements.3
- mXFR allows AMD Ryzen™ mobile processors to offer faster performance in laptop systems.3,4
Sophisticated learning algorithms understand the inner workings of your applications and anticipate what data they might need. Smart Prefetch predictively brings that data into the AMD Ryzen™ processor for fast and responsive computing.
*AMD SenseMI technology is built into all Ryzen™ processors, but specific features and their enablement may vary by product and platform. For specific capabilities of different processor models, visit www.amd.com/ryzenspecs. If your system is pre-built, contact your manufacturer for additional information
- AMD defines premium processor cooling as a combination of ambient temperature and thermal solution that results in processor temperatures below 60 degrees Celsius while the CPU is processing the system workload. GD-118
- AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software
- ”Premium notebook” chassis is defined here as incorporating thermal solutions capable of operating within the upper range of a product’s capabilities. Check with manufacturer to confirm AMD requirements for “Ultimate mXFR Performance” have been met. Not enabled on all notebook designs.
- mXFR enablement must meet AMD requirements. Not enabled on all notebook designs. Check with manufacturer to confirm “amplified mXFR performance” support. GD-125