Plug In and Game On
Now it’s easier than ever to connect and use an external Radeon™ graphics card. With AMD XConnect™ technology, external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ Graphics can easily connect and disconnect to a compatible ultrathin notebook or 2-in-1 over Thunderbolt™ 31 at any time, just like a USB flash drive—a first for external GPUs!
External GPUs Done Right
Portability meets performance with AMD XConnect™ technology.1
- Serious framerates: Get the performance of a gaming PC on the go.
- Easy to use: Great gaming on the go doesn’t have to be complicated thanks to AMD XConnect™ technology.
- Easy to carry: Performance and portability on your terms – take powerful graphics when you need them, or leave them behind when you don’t.
- Game bigger: When your high-resolution screen isn’t enough, put your games on the big screen with support for external displays up to 4K resolution.
- Work smarter: Take it to the next level at your desk with all the comfort and capability of a desktop PC on your notebook with support for multiple monitors, additional peripherals and more.
- Keep playing: Gamers know that most gaming notebooks can never be upgraded, but with AMD XConnect™, Radeon™ graphics can be upgraded at any time to keep you in the game in the future.2
Supported Radeon™ GPUs for AMD XConnect™
- Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (for selected enclosures such as Sonnet eGFX Breakaway™ Box 550 or similar)
- Radeon™ RX 500 Series
- Radeon™ RX 400 Series
- Radeon™ R9 Fury
- Radeon™ R9 Nano
- All Radeon™ R9 300 Series
- Radeon™ R9 290X
- Radeon™ R9 290
- Radeon™ R9 285
Supported Radeon™ Pro GPUs for AMD XConnect™
- Radeon™ Pro WX 9100 (with Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650 only)
- Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
- Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
The following Thunderbolt™ 3 systems and eGFX enclosures are compatible with AMD XConnect™ technology when configured with supported Radeon™ GPUs:
- Notebooks, 2-in1s, small form factor PCs and all-in-ones with available Thunderbolt3™ port
- Thunderbolt™ enclosures designed for Graphics cards such as:
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway™ Box 350/550
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway™ Puck Radeon™ RX560/RX570
- Razer Core
- AKiTiO Node Thunderbolt™ 3 eGXF box
- PoweColor Devil Box
System requirements for AMD XConnect™:
- Radeon™ Software 17.11.1 driver (or newer)
- 1x Thunderbolt™ 3 port
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 cable
- Windows® 10 build 15063 (16299 preferred) or newer
- Certified Thunderbolt™ 3 graphics enclosure configured with supported Radeon™ GPUs Latest Thunderbolt™ 3 software and Thunderbolt™ 3 firmware (NVM) – please check manufacturer website for the latest available versions for your hardware
- Not all notebooks or 2-in-1s feature AMD XConnect™ technology, and not all external graphics (eGFX) enclosures are pre-configured with an AMD Radeon™ graphics card and/or feature user upgradability. Base system’s software package and BIOS must be configured to support AMD XConnect™ technology. System must have Thunderbolt™ 3 connection. Check with your manufacturer for full specifications and capabilities. GD-86
- GPU upgrade must be supported by the system and enclosure OEM. New GPU must be supported by AMD XConnect™ technology. Visit your product’s support documentation for additional information. GD-87
©2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, XConnect, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. Razer, For Gamers by Gamers, and the triple-headed snake logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Razer Inc. and/or affiliated companies in the United States or other countries. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.