AMD Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images in in Blender™.
Fast, easy, and incredible, Radeon™ ProRender is available as a plug-in for Blender™ and can be used to render anything – product designs, architectural visualizations, visuals effects, and more.
Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into Blender™ 2.78 and higher for Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®, meaning you can use its existing lights, materials, and textures, and it renders your geometry accurately. Radeon™ ProRender also comes with a library of materials to get you started.
Get the AMD Radeon™ ProRender plug-in and user guide for Blender™
It’s physically accurate and lightning fast. It has viewport integration, so you can see your changes as you go
Radeon™ ProRender is hardware agnostic. If your computer can run OpenCL™ 1.2 or Apple® Metal® 2, it can run Radeon™ ProRender on your CPU or GPU
Whatever your chosen workflow, Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into Blender™ 2.78 and higher for Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™ comes with panoramic and stereoscopic VR camera views. In addition, other Blender™ cameras are supported too
Environment and Sky
Radeon™ ProRender has its own environment setup, letting you work in IBL or Sky mode, together with emissive light setups and lights from HDRI environments
Radeon™ ProRender comes with its own optimized material library, providing an easy starting point and reference point for creating your own shaders
Removes noise from an image while preserving detail, helping cut render times. Radeon™ ProRender supports both final render and interactive rendering denoising
Now for macOS®
Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™ supports Windows®, macOS®, and Ubuntu® Linux®
Current features of the AMD Radeon™ ProRender plug-in for Blender™ 1.8 for Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®
- *NEW* Interactive viewport rendering is more responsive by keeping all displays in OpenGL®.
- *NEW* Lightgroup AOVS added called environment, key, fill, and emissive, allowing you to independently control light values when compositing your render.
- Support for Volumes allows artists to render advanced effects like smoke, fog, and clouds to create even more realistic images.
- Improved subdivision of surfaces with Adaptive Subdivision can speed up workflows.
- Metal® Performance Shaders accelerated ray tracing support on macOS®.
- Denoising support for both final and interactive rendering.
- Simplified sampling – all rendering samples are used for anti-aliasing.
- Native tone mapping and exposure controls.
- Depth map rendering capability, allowing the processing of depth of field manually.
- Viewport integration means you can work with Radeon™ ProRender in real-time and see your changes as you make them.
- Built on OpenCL™ or Metal® 2, it’s hardware agnostic, so it runs on virtually any hardware, including virtually any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
- Near linear rendering performance scaling when adding additional GPUs.
- Render modes support global illumination, direct illumination (with/without shadow), wireframe, diffuse albedo, position, normal, texture coordinates, ambient occlusion.
- AOVs for post processing including support for world coordinates, UVs, material index, geometric normals, shading normal, reflections, and diffuse lighting.
- Control over frame completion and rendering – pause, set render pass limits and duration.
- Added “Out-of-Core” texture cache setting for viewport and material renders.
- Batch/background and region rendering support.
- Added support for sequence rendering.
- Displacement and Renderstamp support.
- *NEW* Updated separately-installed Material Library with 300+ materials that use the Radeon™ ProRender Uber Shader so they’re easy to use as starting points for your own materials.
- *NEW* Added nodes for Procedural UV Mapping to make texture mapping of basic objects simpler.
- *NEW* Flat Color Shader added for creating a material with just a texture or color and no lighting at all.
- *NEW* Added Sheen Settings to the Uber Shader, making it easier to render cloth.
- Updated Uber Shader with more realistic defaults, enhanced subsurface scattering, diffuse backscattering, a simplified caustics option, an improved clearcoat appearance, and a refraction normal.
- Ambient Occlusion node for enhanced procedural texture workflows.
- Texture color space controls – set the color space to either sRGB or linear.
- PBR shader material that closely matches Unreal® Engine’s PBR materials.
- Shadow Catcher material for compositing objects to IBL (Image-Based Lighting) environments or backplate images.
- Supports X-Rite’s Appearance Exchange Format (AxF™). Learn more at Xrite.com*
- Physically correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination – including caustics.
- Import Radeon™ ProRender Materials, including those from Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Maya®.
- Materials are simple to use and editable, with interactive preview of materials via the Blender™ editor.
- UV generation and basic transform info for maps, which include scaling, offset, and rotations.
- Change textures and apply tiling/scaling while rendering in a Blender™ viewport.
- Fully procedural bump/normal maps and displacement.
- RGB to grayscale conversion node.
(*Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied)
- *NEW* Environment Light overrides – now you can set one color or map separately for reflection, refraction, diffuse, or transparency.
- Light Shader that creates more realistic lighting, including area light shapes, color temperature, and texture maps.
- IES lights support lets you use the exact scattering and fall-offs of real-world lighting.
- Includes photometric lighting – supports IBL environments and a sun/sky system with time of day and location setting, control of sun/sky atmospherics, soft shadows, sky albedo and turbidity.
- Emissive materials to allow any geometry emit light.
- Supports HDRI environment mapping and lighting.
- Supports Blender™ lights and tone mapping.
- Portal light and caustic shadow support.
- Manage/select different cameras which are rendered in interactive mode via viewports.
- Depth of field (DOF) and object/camera motion blur support.
- Virtual Reality (VR) camera support.
- Supports Blender™ camera presets.
- *NEW* Added a menu to the viewport to switch view mode for interactive rendering.
- Supports Blender™ 2.78 and higher (experimental builds not supported) on Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®.
- glTF (GL Transmission Format) support for easy export of assets to other applications while preserving materials.
- Large scene export optimization and .rpr export format.
- Integrates into existing Blender™ workflows.
- Batch/background rendering.
- Blender™ 2.78 and up (experimental builds not supported) for Microsoft Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 10 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows® 10 64-bit (non-AMD GPU)
- macOS® High Sierra 10.13.3 and up (10.13.4 required for external GPU support)
- Linux® distributions: Ubuntu® 16.04.3 and 18.04.0
- Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 support required for GPUs on Windows® and Linux®. Metal® 2 support required for GPUs on macOS®
- AMD graphics cards are recommended for Windows® and Linux®, required for macOS®
- For non-AMD OpenCL™ 1.2 cards, Windows® 10 64-bit is required
- Recommended Windows® and Linux® Graphics Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, Radeon™ VII graphics card, AMD FirePro™ W9100, W8100, W7100, and S series cards
- Compatible Windows® and Linux® Graphics Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, Radeon™ RX series cards, Radeon™ R9 Fury series cards, Radeon™ R9 Nano graphics, Radeon™ R9 300 series cards, Radeon™ R9 290X graphics, Radeon™ R9 290 graphics, Radeon™ R9 285 graphics, Radeon™ R9 280X graphics, Radeon™ R9 280 graphics
- Compatible Apple® Mac® Hardware:
MacBook® (Early 2015 or newer), MacBook Pro® (Mid 2012 or newer), MacBook Air® (Mid 2012 or newer), Mac mini® (Late 2012 or newer), iMac® (Late 2012 or newer), iMac Pro™ (Late 2017 or newer), Mac Pro® (Late 2013) (Models without discrete AMD Radeon™, Radeon™ Pro, or AMD FirePro™ graphics will be limited to CPU rendering with Radeon™ ProRender)
- Compatible Apple® Mac® External Graphics (eGPU) Hardware:
AMD Radeon™ RX 470, RX 480, RX 560, RX 570, and RX 580 graphics, Radeon™ RX Vega 56, RX Vega 64, Vega Frontier Edition (Air-Cooled) graphics, and Radeon™ Pro WX 7100, WX 8200, WX 9100 graphics (Requires macOS® High Sierra 10.13.4 and compatible all-in-one eGPU product or eGPU Thunderbolt™ 3 chassis)
DISCLAIMERS AND ATTRIBUTIONS
Title image by Mike Griggs created using AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™.
Ferrari 488 GTB images created by Mike Pan created using AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender™.
Ferrari 488 GTB design is the property of Ferrari S.p.A.
©2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Apple, iMac, Mac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, macOS, and Metal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iMac Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos Group Inc. OpenGL® and the oval logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in the United States and/or other countries worldwide. Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.