AMD Radeon™ ProRender is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images in Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS®.
Fast, easy, and incredible, Radeon™ ProRender is available as an add-in for SOLIDWORKS® and can be used to give your designs that extra little pop of rendered realism.
Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and higher and works directly using simple to use SOLIDWORKS® appearances to render your geometry accurately.
Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ ProRender Game Engine Importer plug-in for Unreal® Engine that imports objects and scenes from SOLIDWORKS® for visualization in VR 1
It’s physically accurate, lightning fast, and has live update, so you can see a photorealistic view of your SOLIDWORKS® design that reacts to your changes as you make them
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for SOLIDWORKS® is hardware agnostic. If your computer can run OpenCL™ 1.2, it can run Radeon™ ProRender
Whatever your chosen workflow, AMD Radeon™ ProRender is fully integrated into SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and higher, letting you select which native components to use
Highly configurable decal support lets you apply labels, stickers, and other images to your model, on a single part or across multiple parts in the same assembly
Environment and Lighting
AMD Radeon™ ProRender has its own environment setup, letting you work with emissive light setups, and supports lights from HDRI environments
Physically correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination – including caustics
Current features of the AMD Radeon™ ProRender add-in for SOLIDWORKS® 18.104.22.168
- Simplified sampling -- all rendering samples are used for anti-aliasing.
- Live updated means you can see in the Radeon™ ProRender window a continuous photorealistic view of your SOLIDWORKS® design that reacts to your changes as you make them.
- Built on OpenCL™, it’s hardware agnostic, so it runs on virtually any hardware, including virtually any combination of GPUs and CPUs.
- Assign local resources to your GPU or CPU.
- Near linear rendering performance scaling when adding additional GPUs.
- Render quality presets and control over frame completion and rendering.
- Animation support: create video output by rendering a sequence of motion study frames.
- Interactive decal placement with bump mapping supported via Normal Maps.
- Interactive tone mapping support while rendering.
- SOLIDWORKS® appearances are translated to the equivalent Radeon™ ProRender physically based materials.
- A large library of high-quality SOLIDWORKS® materials are supported.
- Physically correct materials and lighting allow you to make true design decisions with global illumination.
- Display states and configurations: create different looks of your scene and switch between them.
- Ability to create/edit/apply Radeon™ ProRender materials.
- Interactive material updates and automatic UV generation.
- Supports SOLIDWORKS® car paint appearances.
- Environment lighting (IBL) can be adjusted independently of SOLIDWORKS® scene ambient light.
- Supports emissive and photometric lighting, as well as lights from HDRI environments.
- Emissive materials to allow any geometry to emit light.
- Physically accurate sun and sky simulation.
- Supports standard SOLIDWORKS® lights.
- Ground plane shadows and reflections.
- Background image support.
- Orbit mode to move the camera around the object through the render window.
- Interactive viewport cameras.
- Depth of field (DOF) support.
- Supports SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and higher on Microsoft Windows®.
- Shading system integrated with SOLIDWORKS® appearances.
- Lighting system integrated with SOLIDWORKS® lights.
- SOLIDWORKS® 2016 and up for Microsoft Windows®
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ RX series, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, and R9 series)
- Microsoft Windows® 7, 10 64-bit (AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series, Radeon™ Pro SSG, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”), Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition, and AMD FirePro™ W series)
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (non-AMD GPU)
- Runs on both GPUs and CPUs. OpenCL™ 1.2 required for GPUs
- AMD graphics cards are recommended
- For non-AMD OpenCL™ 1.2 cards, Windows® 10 is required
- Recommended Graphics Hardware:
- AMD Radeon™ Pro WX series cards, Radeon™ Pro SSG graphics, Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”) graphics, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition cards, and AMD FirePro™ W9100, W8100, W7100 and S series cards
- Compatible Graphics Hardware:
- AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”) graphics, Radeon™ RX series cards, R9 Fury series cards, R9 Nano graphics, R9 300 series cards, R9 290X graphics, R9 290 graphics, R9 285 graphics, R9 280X graphics, R9 280 graphics
- VR visualization is available on Unreal® Engine compatible VR HMDs and requires a VR-capable GPU.
DISCLAIMERS AND ATTRIBUTIONS:
Palatov D2 design is property of Palatov Motorsport LLC, used with permission.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos Group Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.